Tripod Feeder - What to Purchase

Peanut

I am in the market for a good Tripod Feeder. I was wondering if you any of ya'll have suggestions as to what kind to purchase.

I had hoped to get one that held 55 gallons of feed, but the only one that I've seen was an American Hunter version on Basspro.com. Moultrie seems to make a good-looking feeder, but theirs didn't have as much feed capacity. I wanted to get something big enough that I didn't have to drive down to our lease each week.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

gadeerwoman

If you're looking for a sling feeder go with on-time feeders. They have a life time guarantee. Some of the American Hunters are okay. Moultrie is hit and miss. Seems you either get a good one or a lemon. Prices aren't much different in most of them. We got a 55 gal on-time at Franklins in Athens a couple years ago for @ $130.

stumpman

Banned
Peanut we make ours. get a 55 gallon drum with a lid, 3 -15/8"x 8' fence post galvanized. stick them in the receiver hitch on a truck and bend about 1' of the end at an angle make all 3 the same. bolt them on the sides. we use the cabelas spin cast feeder motors they are programable up to 6 times a day and are all metal funnel and spinner. the squirrels can't eat on them they are $29.95 each. legs are $8.00 each at home-depot drums what ever you can get one for they are easy to do.

GrandSlamHunter

The best I've used is the All Seasons Feeder made in Texas. Holds 300 pounds of corn which lasts about a month for me. Be sure to get a 12 volt system and add a high quality solar panel. I never do anything to mine but add corn. A friend has had one out for 6 years with the same battery and without charging. :fine: You will pay more for quality. Plan to spend about $375 with tax and shipping.

GSH

I have three moultry feeders. the 55 gallon pro type. They came as combo with funnel, lid cap, solar charger, rechargable batteries and cost about $350 new. I hadn't used them is two years. But I took the batteries out of them. Some of my members wanted to fill them after not seeing any deer. I charged the batteries up handed them to them. Been working now for a month. I guess I got three hits when I purchased them. :D

I have purchased the cheeper moultry feeders and missed. They would all fail within 2 years.
I have added cables with locks to hinder theft. Make a decent offer I might them walk your way.;)

Deer Farmer

Gamefeeders

http://www.gamefeedersonline.com

The above link is an excellent sight to visit. They have feeders, spreaders, and will ship directly to you.

I have used Ontime feeders for the past 3 years and have had excellent results. You can also find them on e-bay.

LKS2

made my own this weekend. Got the barrel for free, used a cabelas $29 feeder, three galvanized metal chainlink fence top rail. Bought a galvanized metal lid since I had to cut the top of the barrell lid off with a grinder. It was $30.

hbradley15

feeder

Remington feeders made by BA products out of Texas is a very good feeder. Aquadic Environmental in Ball Ground is a dealer. A 400 lb Quad feeder with a solar panel and battery could run around $400-$500. They do make a 600 lb feeder. You can get a directional feeder but they do cost more money. The Remington is a very reliable feeder.