Turkey fan ( reaping)

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Just bored and wondering if anyone was planning on using this technique this season , it is extremely deadly and can be a lot of fun , just be extremely careful while doing it on public land or around kmac !

Curtis-UGA

At some point I probably will. Still not sure if it's ethical but it's a lot of fun!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
:) I was wondering why a turkey would hollar.... Don't shoot. :) in

chefrific

To each their own. I get how it would be exciting, but it's not turkey 'hunting' in my book. Also seems like a good way to get shot. Just my .02

This guy shares my exact thoughts...

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
What is turkey hunting ? Would someone please explain .

chefrific

What is turkey hunting ? Would someone please explain .

However you want to within the law kind sir. That's why I said it's not turkey hunting in my book.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I was justasking. Didn't knowthere was abook. thankyou kind sir.
I just carry a shotgun and 2 box calls and a few mouth cAlls. My shells are different colors. Can't remember what size shot they are. I think the tail fan would be good on hot days. I could fan myself with it.

chefrific

I just carry a shotgun and 2 box calls and a few mouth cAlls. My shells are different colors. Can't remember what size shot they are. I think the tail fan would be good on hot days. I could fan myself with it.

Didn't mean to ruffle those tail fan feathers. But I'll take your bait.... Maybe this will help you:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-in-my-book-mean.htm

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Takes ally more than that to get me ruffled. I found it funny.
I see where some folks on here say all the time if its legal to do it's ok then. But not its not hunting in my book. I don't mean to offend anyone. This thread was about waving a tail fan. Some folks use a wing to sound like a fly down. Or a hat and flap it. As they do a fly down cackle Is that ok in your book. Just asking
Ps I didn't click on your link. :)
Good luck this season be safe.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
The first time I seen this done was about 30 yrs ago , I was about 13 or 14 and me and my dad had been messing with a gobbler with about 10 hens in a field all morning, and my dad had a fan he kept with him he used as a decoy, and he decided to see how close he could get to them, he crawled probably 200yds and when he got about 50 yds the gobbler came out of strut and charged him , he probably got to about 5yds and I seen my dad jump up a kill him , it is one hunt that we both still talk about to this day and will remember forever

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Just bored and wondering if anyone was planning on using this technique this season , it is extremely deadly and can be a lot of fun , just be extremely careful while doing it on public land or around kmac !

I may try it now. The big mirror I use for them to see thierselfs broke. That was the ticket.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The first time I seen this done was about 30 yrs ago , I was about 13 or 14 and me and my dad had been messing with a gobbler with about 10 hens in a field all morning, and my dad had a fan he kept with him he used as a decoy, and he decided to see how close he could get to them, he crawled probably 200yds and when he got about 50 yds the gobbler came out of strut and charged him , he probably got to about 5yds and I seen my dad jump up a kill him , it is one hunt that we both still talk about to this day and will remember forever
I would of like to of seen that. Good story. Hunt of a life time. :clap:

turkeykirk

Get one of those white funeral home fans to fan with while you are crawling up on the gobbler. That way they know where to take your body after you get shot.:rofl:

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
No need to sneak up on em when I can sit in the shade and let the dummy do it for me :banana: Gonna make a shotgun mount with my gopro attached and just drive up to them and shoot them via remote.

Attachments

• MOBO.jpg
    MOBO.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,059

Timber1

BANNED
No need to sneak up on em when I can sit in the shade and let the dummy do it for me :banana: Gonna make a shotgun mount with my gopro attached and just drive up to them and shoot them via remote.

I think the Drury brothers are working on a 4 wheeler strutting gobbler cover. They say size doesnt matter in their book.