Pink Camo shotgun for Turkeys

GregoryB.

My Wife has a pink Camo 870 and was wondering if anyone had problems with the turkeys picking out that color ? She has never turkey hunted with it before.

as long as I have hunted turkeys I have noticed they see movement more than color, The different color will stand out more and be easier to see the movement more than camo but I think that you can overcome that with just sitting stiller.

If you have a good pattern at 50 I wouldnt worry about it, Just shoot them a bit farther away than normal if you are still worried about them seeing the pink camo.

To put it in to perspective I have guided Public land hunts for 3 years now and I took a client who had a completely pink bow with accompanying arrows and we shot one at 15 yds with out to much trouble, She just had to sit way more still than normal.

Steve Roberts

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Steve, we all know the gun is yours and you let your wife use it.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.... ;) Gil

Steve Roberts

Steve, we all know the gun is yours and you let your wife use it.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.... ;) Gil

Dang Gil you have to tell everything you know!!! Just can't keep a secret can you!!! lol

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Steve, that is a heckuva bird she has there and you are a lucky man to have a spouse that enjoys turkey hunting. Gil

Steve Roberts

Steve, that is a heckuva bird she has there and you are a lucky man to have a spouse that enjoys turkey hunting. Gil

Thanks Gil, Yes I am a lucky man to have a wife that like's to hunt!! I can say something about going hunting, and she say's when are we leaving!!! :fine:

After having been almost shot twice in the woods. I would never bring anything that even closely resembles a turkey's head color.

I stopped hunting with a Jake decoy even.

And I hunt private land.

You wouldnt catch me with anything in the spring turkey woods pink,blue, red, purple, brown etc etc

I even wear an orange hat while walking.

Call me paranoid but I was almost killed twice so ya...there's facts to back up my ideas. lol