FREE Hunting License (JOKE)

DRBugman85

I'VE turned 65 in February and went to the DNR office to get my FREE LIFETIME HUNTING LICENSE and it's not FREE,after buying a hunting license for 49 years. The Clerk informed me there is a $10.00 fee for the plastic card plus a $3.00 transaction fee so the free license is not FREE.That's the DNR'S way of just getting more funds.What part of free cost $13.00, as I gave my life history to the Clerk she ask if I wanted to pay $55.00 to be counted as a paid hunter for life I smiled and and said I've paid all I'm going to pay for the rest of my life. ..Enough is Enough.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I'VE turned 65 in February and went to the DNR office to get my FREE LIFETIME HUNTING LICENSE and it's not FREE,after buying a hunting license for 49 years. The Clerk informed me there is a $10.00 fee for the plastic card plus a $3.00 transaction fee so the free license is not FREE.That's the DNR'S way of just getting more funds.What part of free cost $13.00, as I gave my life history to the Clerk she ask if I wanted to pay $55.00 to be counted as a paid hunter for life I smiled and and said I've paid all I'm going to pay for the rest of my life. ..Enough is Enough.

Congrats on making it to the free license age !!

You missed out on the real deal. You could have purchased a lifetime sportsman license for $95 at age 60.

DRBugman85

Here I go.. As a sportman of the State of Georgia that is my home state I always felt Buying a Hunting license every year was supporting the Wildlife Resources in Georgia so every year I bought every hunting license and fishing license that I needed for 49 years thinking the money would be well spent for Habitat in Georgia and guess what it goes into the general fund .So after 49 years of buying Georgia hunting/fishing license I looked forwarded to my honorary senior hunting/fishing license for free.WELL it's not FREE:huh: I have not received the plastic card yet but the Clerk printed a license out and it reads resident senior 65-plus lifetime H/F plastic card and the clerk asked if I would like to have a plastic card and I told her yes ma'am.So I given my life history to this Clerk and my address Then the clerk said that'll be $13 sir I said what happened to free the response was the cards $10 and the transition fee was $3.And I still have to print the harvest record to carry also (paper):huh: .The 13 dollars broke the bank And I can't buy gas to go hunting this turkey season :biggrin2:..My old Grand pappy all ways said Ain't Nothing free in life.I'll enjoy the time I have left to hunt and fish because its by God grace I can.:flag:

deast1988

Last year when they re/evaluated the license fees. An they said it would increase licenses across the board I dove in. Bought a lifetime $500+. What's to stop them from doin if again I heard that they were re/evaluating this year aswell. Look at the big timber around me. BF Grant/ Clybel/ Ceder Creek massive timber removed to help pay the bills. They rape the land then jack prices on license you can't get a warden on the phone to save your life. I hope I'm grandfathered in an don't get hit with future license fees to cover my lifetime license.

Jim Ammons

Purchased & renewed mine from DNR website and printed paper license for last 13 years. No charge period.

Jeff Raines

Here I go.. As a sportman of the State of Georgia that is my home state I always felt Buying a Hunting license every year was supporting the Wildlife Resources in Georgia:

Nope,just a legal bribe to the king that allows you to hunt his game.

Huntinfool

You need to talk to somebody else. The rest of us who have lifetime licenses don't pay a dime after the initial cost. Just print your harvest record and that's it. It might cost you $3 to get it processed and set up. But you won't pay again.

But....if for some reason it does cost you $3/year...you're right...you should just not buy a license anymore. That'll show 'em.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
The difference may be doing it online vs by mail