Sights

Any Trophy Ridge sight users out there? Likes/dislikes/drawbacks that you'd care to share? I'm considering switching to a Micromatrix, appears to be a much better sight picture with vertical pins. But I'm a little hesitant, since I saw some negative commentary regarding durability of these on some other forums. Started out last year with a Vital Gear single pin, and it's really open, yet I'm positive now I want at least 3 pins for 20-30-40 yds. Any other suggestions for vertical pin sights greatly appreciated. Oh, BTW, bow is Martin Phantom II 28" draw, 65lbs, Nopeep, WB2 rest.

thx for any feedback!
don

Michael Lee

I shot a Trophy Ridge some this year, and I just don't like the sight. My preference though. Also the pins are not bright enough to me. I had a light kit sent with the sight, and it helped, but I found one by Trophy Taker that is awesome.

http://www.trophytaker.com/id425.htm

The brightest pin that I have ever seen.

ML

Randy

I love my Trophy Ridge sights. I have had them on my last two bows and will continue to use them until I find something better. I really like the VIP system. There are brighter sites out there but I have found that if it is too dark for the Trophy ridge site is is too dark for me. I am scared of the dark!

BTW, I also use the Trophy Ridge Drop rest and love it too.

Just 1 More

I have the Matrix, I hated it. I tried, Really tried to get used to the vertical pins but just couldn't. I still have it and you are more than welcome to try it to see if you like it before you spend themoney on one.
Now the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest is a whole nother story,,, I LOVE MINE!!!!!

Last edited:

kcausey

Banned
Flat Shooter

My bow is 1 1/2" high at 10 yards and about 1" low at just over 30 yards. I have a very simple Tru Glo sight bracket with a one Tru Glo Tritium Fiber Optic pin. I love this thing. Bright as can be in the day time and glows more than enough to shoot at 3:00 am with a new moon on a cloudy night. If you can make out the target in the dark, you can shoot it, i.e. feral hogs.

Chose Another Route

Went to Basspro and local shop, checked them all out, settled on Cobra Sidewinder LX. To me, it was the brightest of the bunch. Trophy Taker was just too much clutter. The difference in brightness of the Cobra was significant compared to others, at least to my perception.

reylamb

And when I compared the Cobra to the Impact the Impact line of sites were better to my eyes.

One of the problems I had with the TR line was the yellow and red, they were never bright enough for me. I loved the green pins though.