Turkey hunting and weight loss

Jeff Raines

This will be my 4th day chasing turkeys on Paulding Forest.Toting that heavy 835 in this heat up and down these hills has knocked 8 lbs of fat off me since Saturday.
I may not kill a turkey,but I'm getting in great shape.

turkeykirk

This will be my 4th day chasing turkeys on Paulding Forest.Toting that heavy 835 in this heat up and down these hills has knocked 8 lbs of fat off me since Saturday.
I may not kill a turkey,but I'm getting in great shape.

Better than Weight Watchers!:rofl:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I walked more last weekend than I have in a long time. My legs were feeling it Monday.

shootemall

I have thought the same thing before. Good thing my family doesn't depend on me getting turkey so they can eat, because then they'd be losing weight too. :)

deast1988

Farthest Ive ever killed one from the vehicle was 7miles. It was a nice walk in but add the 19lbs on the walk out got me.

Jeff Raines

Someone was parked in my spot this morning.But I have walked these woods for years and studied aerial photos so I knew there was another road I could use to get back to the gobbler I'd been chasing.
1.6 miles later he was gobbling.I set up about 100 yds away,I'd call,he'd gobble but would not budge.Then I hear one behind fire up.I knew one would come in.
The gobbler behind me was coming so I moved towards him and took the creek out from between us.
20 lbs,9 inch beard with 1 inch spurs.

Attachments

• pf turkey.jpg
    pf turkey.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 633

jlt4800

heck yeah where there's a will there's a way!
Congratulations on a fine bird and probably another pound or two
lost....lol

kingfish

My weapon of choice for turkeys is an Ithaca 10 ga. with the long barrel. It's like carrying an oak tree limb on my shoulder. I also cover a lot of ground on public land. I'd like to say I've lost a bunch of weight also, but the place where I get breakfast or lunch after hunting kind of cancels out the road work !!! The struggle is real.

Jeff Raines

My weapon of choice for turkeys is an Ithaca 10 ga. with the long barrel. It's like carrying an oak tree limb on my shoulder. I also cover a lot of ground on public land. I'd like to say I've lost a bunch of weight also, but the place where I get breakfast or lunch after hunting kind of cancels out the road work !!! The struggle is real.

:rofl::rofl:
If krispy Kreme had a store close by I'd have my vest stuffed full for energy bursts.Fortunately there is nothing between my house and the woods I hunt only 15 mins away

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Me too! I always feel my best every year in May....don't know why I don't just keep walkin in the meantime. When the turkey seasons over I just sit on a boat and drink beer and every pound comes right back.

hold em hook

I am hoping it will help me some. Saturday I walke 5.7 miles, Monday 10.2 and yesterday 10.8!

SC Hunter

I workout and run throughout the year but turkey season my legs always seem to feel stronger from all the extra walking. I don't even want to know how many miles I've walked turkey hunting in my life!