Some antiques (tools etc..) and what is it stuff I've dug out around house....

Luke0927

We'll cleaning out one of the old buildings and some of the stuff my grandpa has given me. Wanted to share some of the stuff and get some thoughts on some of it.

No 1

Check out this old hand plane I think it looks homemade you think so? No markings except the initials stamped into it. It uses a wedge to hold the plane blade in.

Next a plane labeled Baileys no 5, looks like all parts still in place I'm thinking about restoring it...thoughts worth the hassle?

Old scales

Come-Along stamped Dillon 1905? Is it a come along or a fence stretcher. It has 2 gears and the "walks" them up one in a stepping motion. It doesn't look like a way to reverse the gear, you would have to secure the load then raise the lock and pull the chain back down.....?

Then this looks like a tripod jack of some sort anyone know what it's really for?

snookdoctor

You have some nice, old stuff. That would make a nice man cave wall display.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Some nice old planes. The tri pod jack is from a day and time when cars and trucks had actual bumpers that would hold the weigh of the vehicle. I know we had a couple that my Daddy would use to lift old cars he would work on.

12gamag

That Stanley Bailey plane is high desirable to wood workers that appreciate old tools. All it needs is a cleanup, a good sharping, and a new handle and it can be used by your grandkids grandkids

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Nice stuff.

Luke0927

I've got several uses for the jack. Got a lot of old 2 man cross cut saws, (if someone couldset the rakers I'd like to sharpen a few of them up) hand bucking saws, draw knives, and I think what you call a broad axe for taking logs and carving down to beams or wood logs.

Couple of other things I'll post up.

Latest posts