Need help with long distance fuel payment solution.

cowhornedspike

My younger sister has drug issues and can not be trusted with cash or anything that can be turned into cash. She's unemployable and my mom has been paying for everything for a long while but she has harassed and bullied my mom for so long that mom has turned all of her finances over to my older sister and me.

It is her desire for us to take care of all of my sister's necessities but refuse the other money requests/demands that she has not been able to refuse. We are working through most of this mess but one issue that I need help on is being able to pay for gas from here (6 hours away) without giving her gas cards or any other type of prepaid card if possible. I use an app for Flash Foods locally which gives me a code to enter at the pump and never swipe a card and it debits directly from my bank (also saves me .05 per gallon)...problem is there are no Flash Food stations in the Greenville SC area.

I have attempted to search for a similar option for that area but have not found any other than Murphy Express MurPay system which says on their website that they are not taking new applications.

Does anyone know of other stations that have a similar setup so that I can get the code and then text it to my sister while she is at the pump?

Thanks in advance.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I haven't even heard of your Flash Foods app, so I'm not that technologically advanced....
But maybe a Fuelman card might be a possibility. She still has to swipe a card, but I believe it is good for only fuel. You can reset the DIN at will from your phone...
It is meant for Fleet Service but an individual can probably get one.
There should be a station that accepts Fuelman cards pretty close to anywhere.
That's all I got, hope it helps...
Sorry about your sis...

WayneB

2nd on fuelman cards. I got an account for the college age kids, then the teens that followed when they began driving.
Most have a Mastercard logo, but you can set limits on what can be purchased; ie: gas, oil, washer fluid or other consumable.
There's a user passcode, and an odometer reading that must be entered to use the card.
IIRC; You can set the odometer reading to only increase a couple hundred miles max, or it refuses the transaction.
It is NOT foolproof however, If you have a generous limit, she 'could' loan that card out in exchange for something else.
I think you can set a $100/month limit, I know you can set a limit per day.

Another option may to call the local to her fuel wholesaler, and have a tank delivered that she can dispense from.
The local folk may actually have a station at their terminal for bulk fuel pickup, and you may be able to work her out a counter account using pre-paid, or card-on-file funds that they control.

cowhornedspike

Thanks for the ideas and I will look into the fuelman card however it doesn't really sound like what I was hoping for here.

Hard to imagine I am the only one on here using a code entry system to get my gas...saves money and doesn't require swiping a card so there is NO chance of getting skimmed or someone stealing my pin, and I get a immediate receipt in my email. Just makes perfect sense to me.

greg_n_clayton

But they can trade the codes and whatnot. I have some contacts over there. You best may be finding a mom and pop independent and deal with them. I will make a few calls. The drug problem there, as well as most towns of any size is rampent. A lot of my work was in that area, and I have seen alot of good people waste their lives !!

ripplerider

I imagine it's possible to trade a fill up of gas for drugs unfortunately. I've heard of people trading the balance on their EBT card like this. People desperate for drugs can be very creative. Prayers sent.

cowhornedspike

Yes. If I can figure out a method to do this I intend to require a photo of her odometer each time in order to keep her honest... if that's possible.