American Owned and Operated?

Lukikus2

I was informed when I first started my business by my advertisers that I was not allowed to publish that phrase. Now they are informing me I can. Anyone know any thing about this stuff?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I was informed when I first started my business by my advertisers that I was not allowed to publish that phrase. Now they are informing me I can. Anyone know any thing about this stuff?

MAGA :huh:

Lukikus2

I do appreciate the comments. I am covering myself on this one. Quite a curve ball for sure. Unnecessary publicity is not what I have in mind.

GoldDot40

Is it a franchise business? What type of advertiser dictates what's included in an advertisment...unless it's profanity of course?

Lukikus2

New start up. We were informed the title of the post was not allowed in our advertisement.

BeerThirty

As long as you can back up your claims, there are usually no regulatory issues from an FTC/advertising perspective.

I would start out with asking them why. My hunch is your advertising firm is a bunch of liberal snowflakes and sadly, doesn't want to be associated with a company touting this claim.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I don't see any legal way that anybody could keep you from using the phrase of "American Owned and Operated" if in fact your legal business was owned and operated by an American citizen.

I don't think that ANYONE could get a Registered Trademark patent just on that phrase alone.

Like others here have stated, I think that you need to find another advertising agency .........one that is possibly not owned and operated by a foreign company !!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Lukikus2

I posted this the day I was to renew the ad. The next day when trying to add it to the ad the agency back tracked and said their attorney had to review it first? Or maybe I just don't understand anymore or just a dumb American.

"For those of us that don't speak fancy speak "

Attachments

• IMG_1427.jpg
    IMG_1427.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 291

T-N-T

If I couldn't put American owned and operated on my own product I'd cut out the "man" that was holding me up.
And tell them that I am an American in America and proud to be such.

Oldstick

These comments are probably correct. The Ad agency is probably afraid of repercussions coming back to them. I have been told by several people who are non-Caucasians (but all were citizens) that "American Owned", when used to advertise a local business, is interpreted by them as "White Owned".

Not saying it is right, there is certainly nothing said when a business touts "African American owed and operated".

chase870

Possum Sox
What is your bussiness or product I like to spend my money with American owned companies

Lukikus2

The night I posted this thread, they had to know the next day. The next day turned into "Our attorney is researching it and will get back to us on Friday ". Hasn't happened yet.

How about "English speaking?"

Is that too PC?

Lukikus2

What is your bussiness or product I like to spend my money with American owned companies

Pedicures, manicures, facials, waxes, haircuts, up
does, perms, dye. We do not discriminate. We learn alot from our bilingual employees. They are a great asset.