Xfinity X1 System From Comcast

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
For those of you who have this box, how do you like it? Is it quick and responsive when turning channels?

Trying to get another decent promotion from Comcast, and the X1 is being offered in one of them. I know earlier versions of this box had issues, not sure how polished it is now.

Thanks!

PappyHoel

They are much improved and the reviews are better. It's really a whole new interface, a lot like Netflix/Amazon apps. Feature updates monthly now.

sinclair1

I am dumping cable, but X1 was ok. I have odd hours and have to keep moving the update around as I am sometimes up at 1am to 5am. If it does freeze up, which is not often, it will make you want to go back to bunny ears on a tube tv, because you have to reset the box.

It's not a big deal to me, but it happened to a neighbor in the middle of a pay per view fight and things got ugly :D

cr00241

I have it and sometimes it will freeze up about once every couple months saying it cant connect and please wait. I have to stay on that channel for about 5-10 minutes before it will change the channel.

The cost of just internet (the faster one) is almost what I pay for a double play package, so I always go with a promotion. Just remember to call and threaten to leave them when the promotion runs out.

JohnK

If you punch it too fast it can get lost and hang up so take it easy or you may have to reset. Mine has been buggy lately but the capabilities are so much more than the other choices that I'm hanging with it.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Thanks everyone. I have a relative that says it hangs up all the time, and is constantly updating. She also mentioned it seems to even slow her Internet down at times. But I think they have a lot of devices connecting to their Wi-Fi, and that may very well be what's causing that issue. I dunno.

Latest posts