Home appraiser, Macon region?

Rivershot

I may be looking for an a appraiser that can do an actuaul value. House and land are not comparable to anything in the area.

House is custom built, (yet still unfinished), Land is river front, 7+ac. and shares about 5 or so of that with the river sometimes.

Thanks.

westcobbdog

You can find an appraiser referral for your area thru a local Realtor or Lender. Keep in mind an appraisal is one persons opinion of the value. I get annoyed when I look at say 20 or 30 or more properties with a buyer, find a house then closely examine the neighborhood or area closed sale comps then write a contract that's an arms length deal between buyer and seller only to have an appraiser come in later and blow the deal up with a lower number, while they declare the exact value after going into exactly 1 house. I always try to politely remind any appraiser I talk to that they should confirm value but certainly not set the market, that's for buyer and seller to do. Consider talking to 2-3 local agents and ask them for their ideas on pricing. They use the same data an appraiser uses, and this is free to you. That's my .02