Need my septic tank Cleaned out.....Updated w/more ?'s

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
So I called 3 local companies to get some quotes. I have played phone tag with one, one never returned my call by another and the one who did answer. Gave me a $595 quote, told me to look out for guys telling me they can do it for $195. He told me they would charge me more later for disposal, environmental and etc... fees.

Its been a while since I had it pumped out, but it seems to me the last time I paid like $195(maybe $249, dont remember) and they guy warned me about people wanting to charge for Disposal fees etc.....This guy told me the price should be the price. He even ran a snake through my drain line(it was clogged) and pulled out the sock with a tennis ball insidefacepalm:

Anywho, I need my septic tank pumped out. I expect the lid to be removed and the tank Emptied completely, thats it...........a little help with a recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Acworth Woodstock line off 92 is the location. Thanks, right now I have no one lined up, but would like to get it done Monday if possible.

Last edited:

K80Shooter

595 seems a bit high and 195 a bit low, around here (Hart Co.) that cost's around 300

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
$300 from an honest company. If they get there dig it up and start telling you that you need a lot of other stuff run them off.

660griz

Google Pink Plumber. If you are in the Atlanta area, $195 septic pump.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
$300 from an honest company. If they get there dig it up and start telling you that you need a lot of other stuff run them off.

The Pink people said that there "May be additional charges if the sludge is over"...........I dont like leaving myself open to that. I'd have to run them off!

Google Pink Plumber. If you are in the Atlanta area, $195 septic pump.

They said a 1000 gal tank was $195, but I think My tank is a 1500 gallon so they quoted me $295 and can come out next day. I am totally ok with that, but they leave an opening to add more later. Thats what worries me about them, but I have their number for the local office...probably will call them if I cant find another one to give me a firm $300 quote..............I'll drop that in a second. The tank is ez access so I am not worried about the 18" max dig to find it, or any obstacles.

It is well overdue so I am a little worried about the sludge depth:fine:

sinclair1

The Pink people said that there "May be additional charges if the sludge is over"...........I dont like leaving myself open to that. I'd have to run them off!

They said a 1000 gal tank was $195, but I think My tank is a 1500 gallon so they quoted me $295 and can come out next day. I am totally ok with that, but they leave an opening to add more later. Thats what worries me about them, but I have their number for the local office...probably will call them if I cant find another one to give me a firm $300 quote..............I'll drop that in a second. The tank is ez access so I am not worried about the 18" max dig to find it, or any obstacles.

It is well overdue so I am a little worried about the sludge depth:fine:
I assume a recent thread is permitted here.
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=899770&highlight=pink+plumber

Killdee

You tried charles Ingram 770 974 3188
Don't remember the cost but you can call.

Grub Master

Silas Payne (770) 529-0055 he is in Acworth and is honest and reasonable priced.

Jack Ryan

Couple hundred about around here. I asked one of the guys why the price would vary so much and it's the same regardless of tank size.

He said it really only mattered how far is work is from you, and how far you are from where he has to go to dump it, and what it costs for them to dump there.

Then if most anything needs fixed, pressure hosed out, that's "gravy" on top. I think that "gravy" was a honey dipper terminology.

paulito

I used superior septic last year. house is in woodstock. Cost me 319.50. I agree with previous. if they start saying you need a bunch of stuff send them on. Most of them really just want to pump and run though if they can help it.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thanks again for the replies folks........will be making a few more calls this AM. My wife said she thought it was around $300 last time. Will let you know how it goes..............but in the mean time, any more recommendations are certainly welcome.:cool:

dslc6487

Septic tank clean out

Built my house back in 1981. Installed a 1000 gallon septic tank. Live in country, so, all that goes into my septic tank is toilets. Everything else is pvc piped to the woods. Never had to have mine cleaned out yet.

Best bacteria additive and enzyme product that I have ever used was a gallon of spoiled buttermilk. Get a gallon and set it in the sun for a couple of days and then flush it down the toilets. If two toilets, split the gallon. An old retired plumber told me this a long time ago and I do it about once a month. I am sure the day will come when I will have to pump mine out. But going this long without it has made a believer in me of the old spoiled buttermilk trick.

K80Shooter

Built my house back in 1981. Installed a 1000 gallon septic tank. Live in country, so, all that goes into my septic tank is toilets. Everything else is pvc piped to the woods. Never had to have mine cleaned out yet.

Best bacteria additive and enzyme product that I have ever used was a gallon of spoiled buttermilk. Get a gallon and set it in the sun for a couple of days and then flush it down the toilets. If two toilets, split the gallon. An old retired plumber told me this a long time ago and I do it about once a month. I am sure the day will come when I will have to pump mine out. But going this long without it has made a believer in me of the old spoiled buttermilk trick.

I also built in the mid 80's, I had mine pumped for the first time a couple of years ago. Also only toilet's and showers are going into the septic, washer, kitchen & dishwasher is going into the woods.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
ok so I still have not scheduled a clean out crew, but I have a pretty good idea.

My new question is, what to seal the inlet pipe with? I bought some more Moisture cement that says it bonds with pipes etc... Septic is not listed, but should be ok, I think.

In a really good video I watched, the guy used caulking with some backer to fill the big gaps. One company I called said you have to use mortar, but she didn't know which. There were a bunch of roots growing in with the inlet pipe and with that moisture cement, I think I can get a good seal.

Not 100% positive this is what I should use though. I am gonna dig out the rear too as I am sure there are roots on that end too..........

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly

The roots going in were very fine, but I pulled off a big thick ball of them....

And you can see how much of that original seal is left......facepalm:

j_seph

Wonder if ya could flush brush killer down toilet potent enough to kill roots

paulito

Glad to see you are doing a bunch of the "maintenance" stuff yourself. The septic guy i used way back when told me i needed to do that to my outlet line as roots had grown all into it. Said as long as your handy you can do it yourself. For him to do it, it was a minimum $1000 as soon as he started digging with the machine. That was over an above the pump out. :hair:

I would try this for my seal. We have used it a good bit here at work and had good success with it. DO NOT mix it all up at one time. It sets up fast and you will waste a lot if you try it. Made that mistake too many times.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Quikrete-20-lb-Hydraulic-Water-Stop-Cement-112620/100318534