I may not shoot a crossbow, but what is going on here????

reylamb

Like I said, I may not like them, nor do I use them, but what exactly is being done here?????? Are they trying to kill the crossbowers with this design??????

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 286

TOW

LOL...

I saw that one too.

It really doesn't shoot the direction the limbs are facing. It still shoots out of the front.

That gives them a longer power stroke. In this case they stated it was 19 1/2" as opposed to most crossbows at less than 16".

They also said that this crossbow was 98 pound pull and shot at 320 fps. That is questionable.

A bit on the unweildly side too.

The two fellows that put this together couldn't answer all my questions to my satisfaction. Mostly on how well it stood up to a lot of shooting,.

It looked like they rushed the three prototypes in order to get them ready for the ATA show.

Interesting concept though.

Were you at the show? If so I wish I had known that we could have sat down to a coke or coffee and had a chat.

The ATA show will be in Atlanta next year.

reylamb

Not this year, things did not work out for me, but next year I will definitely be there.

It seems to me that there would be way too much pressure on the limb pockets, and bending the limbs in the reverse direction could cause some serious limb stress. I would need to see the limbs with no stress on them, are they straight limbs??? Also, I can not see how the strings and cables are attached, but by reversing the direction of a traditional cam, it cause the loop to come undone. Again, without seeing the attachment points up close it is hard to say. Personally, I am not sure about the design here, especially the safety factors.

TOW

They were straight limbs.

The stress factor kind of bothered me too.

And if things did come undone the limbs are headed in the direction of the shooter.

They kept talking about how quiet it was but I didn't see it being shot..

The bullpup design also makes for a tough trigger pull..

Atlanta might be a little too far for me to drive. I could drive to Indy, tour the show and be back home by 9pm..

I didn't see anything there that I couldn't live without... although that Excalibur ExoMax looked realy nice... ;)

RWK

Back ward zbow

Tow who put this together i'd like to talk with them. Thanks Rich

TOW

reylamb said:
Heck, make a long weekend out of it, I know some places you could stay...

Well, we'll see..

A good friend of mine owns an archery target manufacturing business and maybe I can just go along and help him with set up and tear down of the booth..

Maybe I'll do it for no pay.....just expenses..

The neat thing about this ATA show was all the bowhunting celebrities walking around.

I saw bowhunting celebrities galore at the show..

Bill and Kath Troubridge (Excalibur)
Myles Keller
Stan Potts
Dan Fitzgerald (Ugh!)
Bob Foulkrod
Tom Jennings
Pete Shepley
Chuck Adams
Jackie Bushman
Paul Meeks
David Blanton
Jackie Caudell
Mark Drury
Terry Drury
And on and on and on..

I’ve known Myles for years and we had a nice long talk. He added another two P & Y bucks of 140+ last year to his total.

When is the Buckarama down there? Is that worth seeing.

Rich,

Sorry. I didn't get their names and have thrown away their brochure. Can you make out the company name in the photograph?

reylamb

The company is HDT archery.

Buckarama is nowhere near as good as the ATA. For that matter, I see better stuff at most of the ASA shoots than I see at the Buckarama.......

Alot of those guys are good people, one of those guys is a jerk (his initials are Jackie Caudle).

TOW

A fun thing to watch was the making of a "Block Party" commercial with a few of the "stars" on there.

Slug-Gunner

Engineer's Viewpoint....

From an engineering standpoint it's not that much different from a traditional compound bow.... except you are pulling the string TOWARDS THE RISER, instead of away from it. The cams, string, and limbs function almost IDENTICALLY TO A STANDARD COMPOUND BOW, with the exception of actual bowstring pull direction. The cams will turn in the SAME DIRECTION as always, with just a little more travel and with the cable wrapping around a little bit further. You would get an almost identical dynamic function if you took your traditional compound bow and held the riser in your hand backwards and pulled the string towards you. The only real difference would be that the bow would have to be set up for a slightly longer draw length possibly due to the fact the cable is wrapping the cam a little tighter for a similar draw length.

Look at the crossbow closely and think about it.... it looks wierd, but makes sense.

:eek: ::huh: :cool:

Last edited:

TOW

Bowbender said:
Tow,
What ever happened with all his mounts getting stolen, haven’t herd anything on that in some years.
Did they ever recover any of them?? I hope so he had the best looking 8 pointer I have ever seen.
Bender

The thieves didn't get all of his mounts.

He never recovered them. I'm sure whoever stole them wsan't after the mounts as much as the trailer. I guess they were also hoping for a bunch of guns or something.

The mounts were sellable on places like eBay, but I'm not sure eBay was even in existance then.

The eight pointer that made B & C is a hoss ain't it? I believe that he still has that one.

Last edited:

reylamb

John issued a $100,000 challenge to the owners of the Block, a shooting test at the ATA. The owner of the first target to have a pass through with a broadhead would have to pay the other owner $100,000. I had not heard anything of it, and I was just curious as to what happened. Since I own both targets, I would have put a ton of money on the Rinehart target.

TOW

I doubt that happened. $100,00 is a lot of money, but the big thing would be the negative publicity after he was beat.

Of course Rinehart can still say," I offered a challenge and he crawfished out of it because - ...."

My friend owns this target company -

http://www.archerytargets.com/

They've got a tough target in the Compound and Crossbow "King". It was designed to stop arrows from the 355 fps ExoMax crossbow ..and still be able to pull them out.

H

HT2

Rey......

I believe that is one of the new "POLISH CROSSBOWS"!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

That might just leave a "mark"!!!!!!!! :speechles :speechles

reylamb

TOW, those targets look very similar in design to the Rinehart old style, back when his were cubes. I am not sure what material they are using, but it should hold up as well as the Rinehart. Personally, I feel John made a mistake with his new ball target.....I mean a target that rolls.....after the shot.....with arrows in it???????? He had a great design, he should have stayed with it.

My problem with the compressed layer type targets is that when you pull out a broadhead you always pull out material. I have tried all of them, and none work as well as the solid target types, like Rinehart and your friends make.

I would love to get one of your friends to put it through the paces.

Latest posts