WMA ducks??

mdubnik

Anyone give me any info on hunting ducks on any WMAs in the state?? I live in Augusta, but am from Gainesville, and frequent Atlanta. So, I'm familiar with lots of areas and travel lots.

ANY info will be appreciated.
Thanks!!

UWGduck

That swamp in augusta is supposed to be pretty good. Its that huge one. I forgot the name.....Frenizy or something??

Nitro

Banned
JByrd,

Migratory waterfowl hunting being what it is, the birds just haven't really made it here in numbers.

There are decent places all over the state to hunt- if the birds are there. It's more than a habitat issue at the ends of the flyways.

Best advice is to pick a place and scout. Bottom line. Wish I could offer more specific advice. All my hunting this year is on private land.

JByrd15

GONetwork Member
I understand. We have a swamp in Coweta Co. that has a few ducks in it, but its mostly just woodies and a few mallards, just wanted to try somewhere different.

jay sullivent

phinizy swamp is awesome! i live in augusta and have hunted there many times. mostly woodies but a few widgeon and teal

dutchman

wading?

I have a few questions about Phinizy Swamy WMA.

1. Would you need a boat to hunt it adequately?
2. If so, would you need a motor or could it be done from a pirogue or a canoe?
3. Are there areas that a hunter could wade in? I have a friend that would go with me if he could wade. My pirogue won't haul both of us plus gear.
4. Any tips regarding decoys (types, number, etc)?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.