Wilkes County Hog Hunt

Aztec

Our club during January each year invite our friends, bring the dogs and declare war on the hogs. This past Saturday was our first hunt. We killed 4 the largest being 150 lbs. My 9 year old son killed his first hog. ( Killed his first deer in November) My wife was trailing along behind the hunters and 6 hogs ran by her. She was excited to see them. This makes a total of 48 we have killed on our land in the past 3 years. Hogs and dogs are a ton of fun.

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
Aztec

There are several Wilkes Co. Woody members here , maybe you should plan for a meet up hunt ????

Handgunner

Sounds like it, Aztec!

Makes for some fine BBQ I'm sure!

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Where do you hunt in Wilkes county? We are on the broad river.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Is that in the henry hill road area off hwy 17?

Aztec

We get to the property from jackson's crossroads. Clarke Creek on south side, long creek on north side. A couple of miles from broad river.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
This past Saturday we were hog hunting. We found a beagle and had returned it to some local hunters next door to our club. As we were leaving our club we stopped to talk with the rabbit hunters about the dog we had left in their box and they told us a group of hog hunters had just stopped and talked with them and they had killed a hog. I thought our paths might have almost crossed.

billy

dbone said:
There are several Wilkes Co. Woody members here , maybe you should plan for a meet up hunt ????
Would like to have some information on hog hunting in Georgia. Never been but would like to go.