Small Pontoon boats for Fishing the hootch?

leoparddog

In my quest for a small fishing vessel, I've seen these and was wondering if anyone has one and what they thought of it. I'd want one that would handle a small outboard or trolling motor for going up stream on the 'hootch so I could get back to the truck.

Inflatable Pontoon Boats

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have 2 of them. water skeeter and fish cat. in my opinion they are the best hooch craft you can buy. dont worry about them being inflatable. they are tough. I have taken mine through class 3 rapids with no problem. they are extremely comfortable. I can sit in mine all day, and easly jump out of the seat if I want to perch and fish.

leoparddog

Phil,
Do you have to have a pick up vehicle stationed down river or do you have a trolling motor or outboard to get back up river to your truck?

Nick_T

Banned
Sure tell ya'll ain't got gators up ya'lls way. Dangling feet in the water from here on south is just ringing the dinner bell.

Nick T

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
yea, we leave a pick up where we take out. I have a trolling motor for one of my pontoon boats, but they are tricky to navigate, cause the motor is close to the center of the boat. it can be done, it just takes some getting used to. if you used a gas motor it would have to be a real small one. I wouldnt recomend using a gas motor. I dont know how the material would react if you spilled gas on it.