Roll Call for Unicoi

Woody's Janitor

Let's hear from the turkeys going to Unicoi!!!

I'm meeting Al there!

Woody's Janitor

The big NWTF weekend at Unicoi State Park Helen GA.
It is on for this weekend. :yeah:
Al does a Table Dance at 2:30 pm Saturday!! :bounce:

Walkie Takie

How much ??????

Hey, huntnut , what do they charge to get in, maybe I can talk Bruce and Marko
into going , will be there fri- mon , , fishing Smith-Gall sun and go-kart racing the rest of the time / w/t

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Steve,

There is no charge for admittance. If I can make it, it'll probably be Sunday afternoon before I get there so I'll probably miss you. Tell Bruce and Marko I said hello!

Btw, do you not work anymore?... :bounce:

Wetzel

huntnnut said:
If I can make it, it'll probably be Sunday afternoon before I get there
According to the advertisement about the NWTF's State Convention in last months GON, this is only a Friday and Saturday event, so getting there on Sunday won't do you any good, although I guess the crowd will be down from the previous two days. ::ke:

I'll be there on Saturday with my kids to see the wildlife shows put on by Steve Scruggs and then take a look around the exhibit hall.

Last edited:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Harkins,

Thanks for the info!

I guess I would be a little lonely going on Sunday, though I'm sure it would be a lot quieter also... :bounce:

Arrow3

I'll be there and im bringing Jessica with me..

Gadget

Can't make it:mad: , goint to Bama to chase some more whitetail.

Jody Hawk

I'm not gonna be able to make it. I had wanted to but I blowed my money that I had stashed away on a new fishfinder for my boat. The crappie are about to get cranked up on Oconee. I'm headed to the lake to catch some slabs !!!!

Al33

Jody is a crawdad, Jody is a crawdad! :bounce:

Sorry to hear you are backing up on coming Jody. I was looking forward to seeing you there again. :eek: Oh well, can't blame you for wanting to get after the slabs. Hope you catch a boat load full. :clap:

huntnnut, you will definitely be lonely if you get there Sunday afternoon as there will not be any exibits left. AND, about that dance the Janitor mentioned, it's not the Auger, it's the Camel-flage Two-Step and I will need a partner to do it. Iffen you get there early enough on Saturday, we can rehearse it so you won't be all over my feet. :D

Looking forward to seeing many old friends and meeting my Woodyite amigo's.

Al

Jody Hawk

Al,
First, To start with my buddy that was going with me kinda acted like he'd rather go rabbit hunting. I didn't care about riding up there by myself. Second, The fellows that I work with are big crappie fishermen and they have got me hooked as well. I've just spent way to much money here lately on crappie fishing (rod holders, crappie poles and reels, fishfinder).

beginnersluck

I'll be there. Told my wife about it and she wants to go more than me! She hasn't been turkey hunting with me, but she sure knows what one sounds like...or at least the noise I make anyway! I think I may be able to get her in the woods this year. She went deer hunting with me a few times this year. Once she hears the mighty gobble at sunrise...she'll be hooked! :cool: :bounce:

dutchman

nope

Haven't been to Unicoi for the convention in years. Time was, I wouldn't miss it. It snuck up on me this year, so I won't be there this time either. Hope the turkey season doesn't sneek up on me like that.

Woody's Janitor

Me, Brandon and Jessica,his beautiful future wife to be, met with Al at unicoi this morning. We took in the junior's calling contest and I watched Brandon try out several calls but I couldn't talk him into buying a Scott's box call. Al even looked good all cleaned up!!

Arrow3

Me and Jessica really enjoyed today....Even though Teddy wasn't at the place he was supposed to meet us at...We enjoyed spending the morning with you.

AL? It was great finnaly meeting you sir...You have a gift and your artwork is first class...

Jessica really enjoyed meeting both of you ....Although I thought I was gonna have to pull my knife when she met Al....He only shook my hand...He got up , came around the table, and hugged Jessica BIG time..

I think he was trying to be SLY.....