Pet Peeves......

H

HT2

Got any?????

What are they?????

::huh: ::huh:

Any kind of pet peeves.......Any at all......

Last edited:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
yeah..........

trespassers and folks that sneek into my private areas on hunt clubs. :mad: :mad:

C

Cward

People that desrespect mine and other peoples things and property!! :shoot:

H

HT2

Boink.....

Yeah, them "peeves" are slick little critters...... :bounce: :bounce:

dbodkin

Tardiness.... It must be a requirement for 90% of the people I work with. I shouldnt let it get to me but it's every day 15 minutes to an hour late. No excuses just walk in and start work... (We dont punch a time clock) If you are 15 minutes late every day for a year, that's like getting a full week of vacation for free :speechles Shame is my Boss is right there with them. I had my PE and he was 30 minutes late :mad:

Cell phone users in public places ... you know the ones screaming into the phone while you are trying to eat lunch.. :mad:

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Mine is people talking on a cellphone while driving. More than once I have had someone talking on a cellphone almost run me off the road. Last week a lady was coming towards me on a two lane road, all of a sudden she crossed the center line. With about 100 feet to go she realized she was about to hit me head on. When she came by me I noticed she was talking on a phone. :mad: Before she got to me I was already looking to see what I was going to hit if I had to run off the road.

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
....what Dustin said............

almost got hit twice last week because of folks on cell phones not paying attention to stoplights. :mad:

CAL

Like dbodkin,I can't stand tardieness.People in general have no respect for an appointment or coming to work.I once fired a guy for being late to my job.I had warned him and he paid little attention.IMO if a person is late to work,he has said that he really didn't care what he had to do that day and you as boss are unimportant!Funny,people are never late at quiting time.Fact is they most likely will run over someone leaving!
Opening day of dove season,65 people came.One person was late and he had already made arrangements to be so.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I agree on the tardiness!!!

It is a sign that someone feels that their time is more valuable than the rest of the group!

I will not tolerate tardiness from my employees. One warning that is all.

The most embarassed & ashamed I've ever been was as result of my running late.

H

HT2

Here's mine......

1) Tardiness.......Can't stand being late for anything......

2) Sloppiness......Can't stand a mess..........Of any kind.......

3) Being LAZY!!!!! Can't stand someone that doesn't want to work........

I guess that's it.......

But Dustin is right.........9 out 10 cars you see, have people talkin' on the cell phone...... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Handgunner

1. Tardiness.

If I can be on time, they can be on time. I can understand the every now and then thing -- stuff happens. But 4 our of 5 times a week? Grow up!

And especially on get togethers. When we're cooking for the family for instance. We have a select few that you can BET are going to be late, EVERYTIME. We waited once, and the whole meal got cold. Now, they eat when they get here, we eat when it's ready.

2. Holier than thou people.

3. Thin-skinned people.

4. Yapping dogs that won't shut up.

5. Kids that don't mind.

6. Thongs that fit a little snug... :eek:

GeauxLSU

Peeves should NOT EVER be domesticated!

But given that I'd say:
1) Arrogance. For some reason that gets to me. I can and do let a LOT of stuff slide off my back and still be social around folks but if someone just thinks their a notch above somebody else (and it doesn't have to be me) it just sticks in my craw....

2) It's followed closely by ignorance. (Note, I did not say 'education'! Completely unrelated.)

3) Oh yeah, and liberals. But I guess that's covered in #2. Sorry couldn't resist... :flag: ::gone:

Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

DoDahDaze

My biggest pet peeve is waiting in a checkout line and the person in front doesn't have their money/credit /debit card ready to pay. They just stare vacantly like they believe someone else will pay for their stuff or it's their first time in a checkout line.

Jeff Phillips

Telling someone how to do something more than 3 or 4 times ::huh:

Some of the guys I work with have to have their hand held over and over and over and over......... :mad: :shoot:

CAL

Doda,

Ya right about the check out line.Most women,I didn't say all,wait till the cashier rings up the last item then they have to dig in their purse.Find a check,look for a pen,never ready with their ID.Have to dig again,and again.I know what I am talking about,I am married to the slowest one!
Doda,I will tell you what will help.Don't ever get behind one with a big pocketbook.The bigger the purse the longer the dig!&$%#*^% :mad: