When we get to Heaven.....

Derek

do you think that we will recognize our friends and loved ones or will we be praising the Lord at all times and not concerned with that???

BANDERSNATCH

definitely won't be praising the Lord at all times....but I do agree that we will probably know one another.

Bandy

PWalls

I think we will be basking in the glory of God and worship of him for the rest of eternity. However, I do think that we will have comfort of loved ones that were on earth with us (although I don't know of scripture to support that part).

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
When we get to Heaven

My opinions aren't worth anything here is what the apostle Paul said about it:

1Co:13:12: For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Handgunner

I would like to think we would know each other, but it seems I've heard we will not.

If we could know who our friends and family were, would we not be disappointed if we didn't see somebody we would like to?

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Heaven

I believe we will see things as GOD sees them and know everyone had their chance and justice was done.

Last edited:

letsgohuntin

Delton said:
I would like to think we would know each other, but it seems I've heard we will not.

If we could know who our friends and family were, would we not be disappointed if we didn't see somebody we would like to?

I have read that you will no longer feel negative feelings such as disapointment and sorrow...for pretty much the reason Mnt. Man posted above.

Briar

GONetwork Member
Remember the Begger

The begger at the rich man's gate died went to heaven , rich man died went to elmoelmoelmoelmo . The rich man remembered the begger and asked if the lord would send him with one drop of water to drink of course the lord would not allow it . I think the friends and loved ones that don't make it to heaven will be wiped from our memory , but people in elmoelmoelmoelmo will remember and regret for eternity . Just my 2 cents worth .

Handgunner

That makes sense. I know when I was a kid, I had a reoccuring dream of getting to Heaven, with my family. God told me "Delton, you can only bring one with you, pick which one."

I'd wake up crying, and never slept long enough to make that decision.

I wanted my whole family to go with me, but realized some may not make it.

I want to go to Heaven just as much as anyone, but it would be a whole lot better if I could see my family there, and know them.

BANDERSNATCH

One thing for sure.....if we don't remember this world, we won't be upset about it! :) Personally, I'd like to know, at least, who my wife and kids were....

Bandy

Dudley Do-Wrong

I can remember when my mother died a few years ago and I had to go to Mississippi. Along the way I was listening to Dr David Jeremiah and he was talking about what Heaven would be like. God assures us that all of our worries, anything that would cause any type of stress or anxiety, would be wiped away.

Based upon that, I don't believe that there would be concern over loved ones as God takes that concern away and He handles those type of things in His own way and in His own time.

It wouldn't be Heaven if God left us wanting for something as it is the perfect place, we will be totally at peace.