PDA

View Full Version : Box Call??

Duff
01-13-2005, 12:45 AM
Going to buy a box call this year, because 500 calls does not take up enough room in my vest :rolleyes: and wondered what everyone thought would be a good one to buy??

What is the best store bought one, or is a custom made the only way to go??

Oh yea, I don't want to spend a arm and leg so a custom my be out of the question.

Jody Hawk
01-13-2005, 01:25 AM
Duff,
Jack Scott makes a fine box call. They'll run you $100.

http://www.scottscutterturkeycalls.com/

Dudley Do-Wrong
01-13-2005, 07:13 AM
Are you looking for something that has collectability potential or something to be used primarily for hunting?

Duff
01-13-2005, 09:53 AM
David,

Only for hunting. Thanks

gobblinglawyer
01-13-2005, 10:17 AM
I see you're in Cleveland. Come over to Unicoi State Park this weekend and check out some of the vendors at the GA State NWTF Convention. You can surely find a call there that suits your ear and your style of play (ex. heavy hand, light hand, etc.)

LKennamer
01-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Also, the acoustics inside are different....I bought two from Jack Scott a few years back, one for my ear and one for my Dad as a Father's Day gift. When I tried them outside, turned out the one I liked sounding more like what he prefers and vice versa. Both sounded great, so I just switched and we're both happy. Best box call I've ever owned, with the possible exception of a personalized Neil Cost box he tuned for me as a gift. It stays under lock and key now.

CAL
01-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Duff,
You have a PM.