Canadian Deer hunting????????

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I am lucky in that I have a lot of places to hunt here in Ga and a couple up north in Ohio and West Virginia. I as with numerous others on this board love to watch the outdoor channel and am really addicted. there I said it :rolleyes: I have surfed the web and checked on numerous hunts ranging from Illinios,Kansas,Iowa.....etc..etc and those things are out of this world expensive. If a trip in the US is gonna cost 3 or4k, I think I'd rather try and go to Canada in a couple of years and go after a true monster. With all the folks we have here at Woody's surely some of ya'll have been up there and could offer some insight. When I say Canada I mean Saskatchewan or Alberta. ::huh: Unicoidawg GO DAWGS

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
I go every year..........

hunt cost about 2800.................GREAT outfitter, who is also a personal friend.........go to Greenwater/Marean Lake outfitters on yahoo..............I'm going up in a couple weeks to set up my own stands for November, and do a little bear hunting................best I've taken has been a 161 7/8........ex wife got a 204 3/8............pictures on their web site...................you'd enjoy the trip...........we hunt 20 miles from the nearest road of any kind........lots of wolves, northern lights occasionally...........boreal forest............nice hunt.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
You can get in on a good hunt in Saskatchewan for around $2.5K to $3K. Hunting up there has been off since 9/11 and the prices have come down as a reflection of it.

I know one place that you can check with once you get ready, though I have never hunted with them. I wouldn't recommend the folks I used any longer.

It's beautiful country up there and I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

WillC

If I go anywhere on another hunting trip, it will always be Saskathewan. Even though I can't afford it, I'll be going back the week of Thanksgiving this year.

Toliver

I've got free lodging in Vancouver. Any hunting around there?

reylamb

I am going on a public land do-it-yourself trip to Illinois this year, total cost will be under $800 for everything for 10 days. I know of 4 deer taken of this particular part of the forest that went over 150"s. For the price, it is tough to beat.

H

HT2

Unicoi.....

I too, hope to one day go to Canada........

My most desired hunt is to go up there and hunt whitetails.....

But, man that is a lot of money!!!!!!!!

I just can't see it or justify it right now..... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Maybe one day.... :)

reylamb..what county. I am going from the 7th of Oct through the 18th. I am going to a farm up in Pike county. My sister also has a lease in southern IL in Pulaski. The way to go up there is lease a couple hundred acres. You can lease it for the entire year for what it cost to go to Canada. Though there are some bruisers North of the border. IL is hard to beat for the number of 140 + deer that you will see.

reylamb

I am not sure which county we are going to. It is down in the Southwest across the border from Cape Girardeau, MO. I have some in-laws just South of Pike County working on getting me somewhere to hunt up there also.