Leafy Suits...What's your preference?

I currently have a Bug Tamer "knock off" leafy suit. I like using it over a pair of shorts and T-Shirt when it is hot.

I am in the market for another suit. They seem to be gaining popularity and with that becoming more expensive.

Who uses Leafy Suits and what is your favorite maker? Bug Tamer, Mossy Oak, White River, etc.

garndawg

I got a Bass Pro Redhead leafy bug suit for $29 when they were on sale a while back. That's my go-to outfit when the temps are above 60. I'll typically just wear Under Armour under them and a pair of Redhead snake boots. Good enough for me!

Note: On those bug suits, white tends to show through, so all my stuff is brown or black underneath. I assume green/blue/etc would be fine, too.

neckringer

i bought mossy oak last year and im very happy with it.
white river is alos nice.
I usually only wear the top.

ed'sboy

Do any of you shoot traditional with a suit and do you have problems with the "leafy" material catching the string?

DaddyPaul

I don't shoot TRAD but even with a regular bow I cut the top off an old black sock and pull it up on my bow arm to keep the "leaves" at bay.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
I receiced a circular from Bass Pro yesterday that had a leafy suit in it for around 60 or 70 bucks.

Gadget

I got 4 or 5 of em. Like the the Mossy Oak the best. Don't like how the mesh liner chafes your skin though. I do have a custom Mossy Oak 3D suit with a Vaportech liner, solves the chafing problem but makes the suit hotter and heavier.

I gotten to where I just use the Mossy Oak APX Treklite anymore, lighter and cooler than 3D suites. The colors are so bright and defined it hides me just as well too.

Clark_Kent

I have a white river that I bought at Bass Pro last spring, and had a hen cuttin and purring in front of me at 6 yards away while the ol tom gobbled his head off trying to catch up with her. The hen just kept walking back and forth just across the dirt road she had me pinned down on, I barley had enough time sit down from the time she first yelped and then came a runnin. After about 20 minutes of her trying to figure out what that big ol pile of leaves was sitting in edge of the dirt road, I heard my brother in laws 12 gauge go off and that tom had gobbled his last.

mike

PS. aint nothing like the real thing calling him in for ya :banana:

hunt4bone

Got the new realtree pro series by whitewater,I like it pretty good.It seem to be a little tougher than the ones I've had in the past.

dognducks

Banned
i dont like wearing mine. too easy to get hung up on briars and sticks and twigs and everything else in the woods put there for the sole purpose of ticking me off. ill stick with my overalls and shirt.

Covehnter

I got 4 or 5 of em. Like the the Mossy Oak the best. Don't like how the mesh liner chafes your skin though. I do have a custom Mossy Oak 3D suit with a Vaportech liner, solves the chafing problem but makes the suit hotter and heavier.

I gotten to where I just use the Mossy Oak APX Treklite anymore, lighter and cooler than 3D suites. The colors are so bright and defined it hides me just as well too.

Is this the shiny under armor looking shirts i've seen?

Anyone ran across any good buys on the leafy tops lately? i've been thinking about making a purchase.