I need suggestions about....

Booner Killa

how to mount a fan? I think I have someone that can cut me a piece of wood. I'm thinking about staining the wood dark but I'd like to see some so I can get an idea of how I'd like to do mine for future reference. I am cutting the brass off the shell and wrapping the top of the beard with black thread and then I drill a hole in the brass and pull the loop of thread through the brass and glue the top of the beard to the inside of the brass. Surprisingly, it looks really good (I have no artistic ability what so ever men). Do you guys get a piece of wood the entire size of the fan or do ya'll just cover the meat at the base??? I think it will be more sturdy and last longer if I have a piece the size of the fan but I want to do it as cheap as I can without sacrificing good looks!!!!! Give me some pics and suggestions from the do-it-yourselfers!!!! Thanks men, I can't wait til Mar.:cool:

GA1dad

Look at thread titled " Fan Mount Help" by Hound Dog. Lotsa examples there. I bumped it up to the top page for ya.

Jay