New Tube Calls

Dudley Do-Wrong

These are call numbers 2 (cherry), 3 & 4 (walnut), and 5 (spalted holly)

Attachments

• New Tubes.jpg
    New Tubes.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 175

DaddyPaul

David,
The only thing I see wrong with them is they ain't got no latex on 'em?:p :rofl:

Seriously, they look sharp. I especially like the spalted one on the right!:flag:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Them thangs are purty!! Specially the two on the far right!

Dudley Do-Wrong

The only thing I see wrong with them is they ain't got no latex on 'em?

I'm going to the drug store tomorrow to take care of it.:banana:

Huntinfool

Those are pretty man. The question now is...how do they sound???

Dudley Do-Wrong

Andy, you would have to try one to hear how they sound. I got some dental dam from my dentist but Shawn Willians (Treat Mountain Callers) gave me a piece of thinner latex and it sounded a ton better.

Tube call are sort of like diaphrams, sound great if someone knows what they are doing, sounds like crap if someone doesn't.

GA1dad

New to turkey hunting,,,,,,what are these for?

Huntinfool

Andy, you would have to try one to hear how they sound. I got some dental dam from my dentist but Shawn Willians (Treat Mountain Callers) gave me a piece of thinner latex and it sounded a ton better.

Tube call are sort of like diaphrams, sound great if someone knows what they are doing, sounds like crap if someone doesn't.

So you're saying they'd sound like crap if I ran them?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I've never used one. But every time I hear somebody run one, I swear to myself I'll learn. You're right, they sound sooooooo good if you know how to run one. I hear it's just about the best locator you can buy. The cuts can get LOUD and I've hear that it drives gobblers nuts. I probably won't make it to Perry. But I may try to pick one up in Nashville this year.

dutchman

They look might nice, Brother David. I just wish I could run a tube call. I'd be all over one or two of those babies!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
New to turkey hunting,,,,,,what are these for?

a tube can make just about every turkey sound with the right caller. he will add a piece of latex to the top and stretch it tight and then you sorta blow into it to get different sounds. I sound real real bad on one and gave up buying them about 10 years ago.

David, the cherry and spalted are GREAT!

Dudley Do-Wrong

Gene, one would still look great for a collector like you. I'm numbering them so that after I die, they may become collector items.

I'm still learning to run the tube. Shawn Williams gave me some pointers and from there, it's just practice, practice, practice. Once you figure out how to yelp, cutts and clucks become easy. I've almost got the purr going, just can't seem to get a gobble out of it.

DaddyPaul

Tucka, tucka, tucka, tucka, tucka, tuck, tuck.......:p David what is the thickness on the latex you are using on them? I have a ton of it that I use to make mouth calls with and have just about settled on .004 as my favorite for tubes and such. Like most I have no problem with clucks, cutts, cackles, kee-kees but can't get that nasty, raspy yelp out of mine? Ever since I heard Craig "CrnBrd" Corbett run his my feelings have been hurt!:cry:

Dudley Do-Wrong

Paul, I too have a hard time getting the "nasty" rasp you refer to, every once in a while it will come through. Not sure how thick my latex is, Shawn Williams gave me a piece and I think he said it was .006 and it's thinner than what I have. I need something thin real bad and real quick because I have the show next weekend.

DaddyPaul

Shoot me a PM with your address and I will mail you some .004. How many pieces you need to get you through the show?

Gadget

Thanks for my Tube David, got it singing a pretty song.

If the one in your pic is #2 then mine must be #1.......:cool:

I wanna get with you on a chamberless design too, give me a call and we'll talk.

Attachments

• DSC01667.JPG
    DSC01667.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited: