Choke for a WIN 1300

GA DAWG

Any of yall still shoot the NWTF 1300? I've never bought a after market choke for mine and was wanting to see what yall have had the best results with.I'll be shooting win extended range 3" # 5's.

Killdee

Ive killed over 50 with mine,factory x-full choke and federal 2oz 6s.I see no reason to tinker with it.acually thats 2 1300s,I bought the first turkey shotgun made at the time and it was a matt/oil finish 1300 short barrel ,my wife bought me the nwtf model a couple yrs later when it came out.

P

proturkeyhntr

I have one and will never own another turkey gun..Had it since I was a kid. Mine is just the 1300 turkey without the engraving, but I love it just the same. It has that gorgeous laminated hardwood stock and forearm. Anyway I have had my forcing cone lenthened and my barrel polished and have tried a bunch of chokes and loads. My best pattern is with a HS Strut undertaker and 3" 2 oz #6's Winchester supremes. Its a murderer at 50 yds......I have shot a few past that only because I misjudged the distance. At any rate it does great with that combo....

Scott Ellis

hunt4bone

I have the nwtf 1300 just like proturk and I use the same choke with 3" 2oz #5's...

DCOMP54

TURKEY CHOKES

I HAVE A NWTF 1300 I GOT BACK IN LATE 80's WITH ENGRAVING.. THE GUN IS AWSOME AND A KILLER ON TURKEYS. I HAVE USED THE CHOKES WITH THE GUN ALSO A HASTING'S CHOKE . THEY COME IN DIFFERENT CONSTICTIONS LISTED ON THE PACKAGE. MINE WAS AROUND $40.00 BACK THEN. BUT DONT KNOW THE PRICE NOW. I HAVE SINCE TAKEN THE HASTINGS TO A MACHINIST AND HAD HIM DO A CUSTOM CHOKE EXTENDED CHOKE. I HAVE A FULL 4INCHES OF CHOKE WHERE AS A MANUFACTURED ONE IS USUALLY LESS THAN AN INCH. I HAVE TAKEN MANY OUT TO 80 YARDS NOT LOOSING ANY TURKEYS WITH QUICK KILLS. LIKE ANY GUN YOU HAVE TO SHOT IT AND PATTERN IT . 50 YARDS IS ALMOST A BLIND FOLD SHOT WITH THIS GUN
I USE #5 MAINLY. 3", WINCHESTER LOADS, REMINGTON'S ARE GOOD ALSO AS ARE FEDERAL. I SUGGEST IF POSSIBLE, GET A BOX OF EACH AND TRY EACH LOAD WITH THE NEW CHOKE YOU GET. START AT 20 YARDS AND GO TO 50YD. AT 5 YARD INCREMENTS. IT TAKES TIME BUT WILL PAY OFF GREATLY.

MKW

??

80yrds...that's one wordydirtywordydirtywordydirtywordydirty of a turkey gun!!!
Mike

GA DAWG

Any of yall others know the constrictions on your chokes.I've killed turkeys with this gun before but retired it after buying another turkey gun.Now I'm going back to using it this year because it fits me better.I just think I could do alittle better at 40 yds than the factory extra full. By the way. I miked it today and its .685 constriction.Just dont hold a pattern at 40!

Killdee

Any of yall others know the constrictions on your chokes.I've killed turkeys with this gun before but retired it after buying another turkey gun.Now I'm going back to using it this year because it fits me better.I just think I could do alittle better at 40 yds than the factory extra full. By the way. I miked it today and its .685 constriction.Just dont hold a pattern at 40!

I dont think the ones Ive kilt a 40-49 yds could be kilt any deader with a different choke.:huh: I prefer 30-35 steps max but a few over the years have fooled me with the terrain and so forth,I still step every one off to check.

Gun Docc

the 1300's usually have a bit larger bore size than other gun makes and a .665 choke works Very well in them

several makes of chokes are good
here is a "small" list

Hastings
TruGlo
Comp-n-Choke
Kicks
Undertaker
Primos "jelly head"
Primos "titewad"
Rhino $$$

no particular preference as they all are shooters in a lot of guns

Latest posts