Kids in the woods

Donny

How old were your kids when you started taking them turkey hunting and how old were they when you let them cary a gun.

gblrklr

My oldest was 6 when he killed his first turkey and my yougest was 5. My oldest had been going with me off and on since he was 2. My youngest has been turkey hunting with me only a few times, he doesn't like to sit in one spot for long. I think dove hunting is his sport.:rofl:

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
mine has gone since he was 7. he has carried since he was 9. no bird yet, but hope to change that soon!

Tombuster

Thanks for the question there Donny. My daughter is 10 and will be going with me this year for the first time. She's asking about carrying a gun and I haven't figured that out yet.

rocket

My oldest was 6 when he killed his first turkey and my yougest was 5. My oldest had been going with me off and on since he was 2. My youngest has been turkey hunting with me only a few times, he doesn't like to sit in one spot for long. I think dove hunting is his sport.:rofl:
Dang, you must have some quiet kids. I can't imagine my 4 OR 2 year old being quiet/still enough to sit under a tree waiting to kill a turkey. However I can't wait untill they are old enough so I can take them!

gblrklr

Well, my oldest is a great turkey hunter. Honestly, he is better that a lot of grown men that I have hunted with. As far as taking him when he was 2, the trips were pretty short, mostly scouting.:D My expectations, when hunting with my boys early on, were pretty limited. Now I'm back to expecting to kill one every time I go to the woods.:cool:

GADAWGS

My son started turkey hunting with me when he was 4. He is 13 now nd has been carrying a gun for two years. No bird YET, but I feel this will be the year for him

Ricochet

I plan to take my 6 year old boy this season, if he can sit still long enough. It should be interesting and I doubt he will go on more than 2 hunts with me. We shall see.