For you hunters 55 and older

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Miguel mentioned in another thread that us older codgers need our own sub forum. That probably aint gonna happen but here something I will add.

I have a good friend who is like me and has some health issues that have slowed him down. He has chosen to give up on hunting and the outdoors all together. :confused:

I am gonna give up about 2 days before the funeral personally.

dont ever give up.jpg

Last edited:

shdw633

Like many I'm sure, I hope my final day is in the stand. Hopefully the stand that is the farthest back in the woods and in a box blind because I want my hunting buddies to have a great story about what a nightmare it was to get me out of the woods!!!

Great Idea !

Miguel mentioned in another thread that us older codgers need our own sub forum. That probably aint gonna happen but here something I will add.

I have a good friend who is like me and has some health issues that have slowed him down. He has chosen to give up on hunting and the outdoors all together. :confused:

If this should come to fruition-there should be some sort of sign on process in which anyone that wants to be on it has to somehow declare their birthdate-so that the forum could not be hijacked so easily. I am on a couple sites that have 60 and older-there is no restricted access-but with technology being what it can be-Why not ??:clap::cool::flag:

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't quite qualify to post in this thread so I won't.

Tideup

I figure as long as i can walk in the woods, i'll hunt.
When it comes to the point that i have trouble walking in the woods then MAYBE i'll think about giving up.

I'm 57 and having foot surgery 8/17 to fuse bones in my foot. I will be in a walking boot opening day of gun season, but i will be there if I have to put a ground blind around my Mule.....already ordered on that it will fit in.

I ain't quitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:shoot::D

riprap

Not 55 but I do and have hunted with plenty that are. Hunting is lower on the priority list. When I was younger the roads on Friday night and camps were full of deer hunters especially on opening gun day and doe days. Now days it doesn't take much of excuse to keep people home. I think the womenz have more of a say so than they use to.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I used to hunt next door to a guy who is in a wheel chair. He had a rig built so he could get out of the chair and on his 4 wheeler. He had 3 sided blinds built so he could just pull his atv in there and hunt. He killed some nice deer and turkeys like that.

If theres a will there way !!!!

GeorgeShu

Just turned 70 and still looking forward to hunting this fall. I walk a little slower and appreciate shooting rails on my ladders. Used to hunt alone a lot but now prefer to have someone else in the woods with me. Don't even consider not hunting...... But don't shoot as much as I used to, lots more watching than shooting, just as enjoyable.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I figure as long as i can walk in the woods, i'll hunt.
When it comes to the point that i have trouble walking in the woods then MAYBE i'll think about giving up.

I use my Honda 300 ATV.

gt40

Attachments

• honda atv .png
    honda atv .png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,867

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I don't feel 55. I sometimes walk a mile in and out. Lots of times its hundreds of yards. 1/4 mile or more. I don't feel like walking the mile. :).
If u see me running & I'm in the woods.... Look behind me and you will see a warden.

fishtail

Alright GT.
Even though you old and decrepit, lassoing still ain't legal

55 this season, thankfully I joined a club my 8 year old grandson and his father are in so they can help the "old man" along.
Did get a compliment though from my grandson.
He said I was the only man over 50 something he knows that still had all his hair and teeth.:D

Last edited:

biker13

65 and still get out.Its Ladders now and not as long in the stand.Guess I will keep on keeping on til I'm done.Going for an alligator next wed on Seminole.