Most religions against homosexuality?

Artfuldodger

Almost every culture in every land frowns upon homosexuality.
Almost every religion frowns upon homosexuality.
What's the underlying connection?
The Great Architect of the Universe?

obligated

Almost every culture in every land frowns upon homosexuality.
Almost every religion frowns upon homosexuality.
What's the underlying connection?
The Great Architect of the Universe?

Every law God gave us was for protection.Dont be a freak and you don't reap the AIDs,Heppatitis,Herpes and other STDs along with the drug or alcohol addiction that is common in the Homosexual circles.Its not uncommon for homosexual males to have several(dozens) sexual partners they don't know from the clubs.I have a few friends that worked Vice Squad in Miami.They were glad to be transferred.

Artfuldodger

Every law God gave us was for protection.Dont be a freak and you don't reap the AIDs,Heppatitis,Herpes and other STDs along with the drug or alcohol addiction that is common in the Homosexual circles.Its not uncommon for homosexual males to have several(dozens) sexual partners they don't know from the clubs.I have a few friends that worked Vice Squad in Miami.They were glad to be transferred.

I've noticed drug users have multiple sex partners, especially females. Along with that come the STD's. I'm sure for drugs, they'll have any kind of sex needed.

Artfuldodger

What about the Gentiles of the world before Paul? Did the gods of the Native Americans give out the same laws for STD prevention?

I'm trying to see this as it is listed under "other faiths." Almost every faith has basically the same laws regarding homosexual sex, unmarried sex, murder, rape, adultery, etc.

We as Christians know that God made the Law to show us why we needed Jesus. Maybe that and to show us gay sex or unmarried sex could lead to STD's.

"you shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together."
That one I'm not sure about. Maybe some laws were just to mess with us.

Artfuldodger

I think lesbians have about as many partners per year as straight men. Gay men do tend to have more partners per year than everyone else. Straight women tend to have the least amount of partners than all of us.

Meaning? Women aren't as promiscuous? I can remember the day when I would have liked to of had more partners. Maybe gay men take advantage of this mindset. Women are better at controlling this urge.

When it comes having less partners, women make better Christians. If law keeping makes one a better Christian.

H

Hammer Spank

It's pretty simple. If I am the founder of a religion, I want more followers. Homosexuals dont make more followers so Ill say that this is a sin. The same goes for abortion and birth control, etc etc

centerpin fan

It's pretty simple. If I am the founder of a religion, I want more followers. Homosexuals dont make more followers so Ill say that this is a sin.

Neither do the celibate, yet celibacy is promoted by some religions (Buddhism, Catholicism.)

Homosexuality is opposed by the Abrahamic faiths because it is seen as sin, a perversion of nature.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
It's pretty simple. If I am the founder of a religion, I want more followers. Homosexuals dont make more followers so Ill say that this is a sin. The same goes for abortion and birth control, etc etc

That is an unfounded statement. Between adoption and insemination there are plenty of kids of homosexual families out there. All that I know are regular church goers and are actually very active in volunteering in their church and with stateside as well as international missions.

H

Hammer Spank

That is an unfounded statement. Between adoption and insemination there are plenty of kids of homosexual families out there. All that I know are regular church goers and are actually very active in volunteering in their church and with stateside as well as international missions.

Well, the religions you are all speaking of werent contrived today. They are all hundreds or thousands of years old.

As we have also seen, religion evolves. It has to. Many christian faiths currently approve of homosexuality. They have also had to adjust their thinking about much of what is written in the bible due to scientific discovery.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Well, the religions you are all speaking of werent contrived today. They are all hundreds or thousands of years old.

As we have also seen, religion evolves. It has to. Many christian faiths currently approve of homosexuality. They have also had to adjust their thinking about much of what is written in the bible due to scientific discovery.

Loving the sinner but not the sin is in no way an approval of a sinful lifestyle. The evolution I have seen in the last 50 years is that some of them are finally accepting the greatest commandments they were charged with.

Artfuldodger

What if you started a religion where there was a way out for your followers? Imagine a religion where your followers can't quit sinning so you offer them a way to get out of it.

Start a religion where you pick the followers from all aspects of civilization. From islands and villages across the world. Choosing all type of sinners.

H

Hammer Spank

What about masturbation? It's unnatural according to your "natural laws". I dont know where you get those since homosexuality and masturbation are both fairly common in the "natural world".

across the river

What about masturbation? It's unnatural according to your "natural laws". I dont know where you get those since homosexuality and masturbation are both fairly common in the "natural world".

The whole :it is o.k. because it occurs in nature argument doesn't fly." Mallard duck drakes and otters are notorious rapists, grizzly bear males kill there cubs as do chimps to drive the female back into estrus, most animals fight, bottle nose dolphins kill proposes, hyenas steal from other animal and each other, and so on and so on. There are plenty of things in the "natural world" that aren't accepted by most humans regardless of their religious background. However, if the is no God and we have all just developed through evolution over time, how did we as human decide that murder, stealing, and rape is bad after we did it as animals for years and years and years. If it is all about survival of the fittest, then how did human after billion of years of "formation" one day decide that we need to help others, not steal, and not rape. It makes no sense. The "rules" had to come from somewhere, and it makes no sense that after billion of years of stealing, raping, and killing animals would one day decide that these things are wrong. That is why using the nature argument to justify something doesn't work.

Artfuldodger

I'm sure that within the animal kingdom, disregarding humans, have to learn to live together or evolve to live together as a social group. They do have social skills. I would agree that we can't use animals as our rules to live by concerning one's religion.
God put forth to Israel certain laws to include not wearing certain kinds of cloths at the same time.
God didn't give the Native Americans living at the time he gave all of those rules he gave to the Jews.

Now some say God gave the power to know him by looking at nature. Thus the Native Americans possibly knew God and had to follow his rules.
I don't believe it happened or happens that way as God elects individuals from those groups and they are the one's enlightened.
The rest, even though human, still lived as savages and learned over time to become civilized.
Man wasn't born civilized. He had to learn to live in a social environment in order to survive. We still have individuals who steal, drive drunk, beat their wives, kill, hate, are jealous, are proud, gossip, and on and on.

Leftover bad traits from a previous generation. Either man has the capability to know God without the gospel to overcome sin or he must know Jesus to over come sin.
These traits are still in us. We can't just stop sinning. Therefore we must have Jesus die for us. This covers our sins. The only way back in time for individuals, even Native Americans, was to overcome sin, was to know Jesus.
How do you think they knew? How did they develop the ability to overcome sin? Evolution of social skills or knowing Jesus?

What if one overcomes killing, raping, gossiping, stealing, and cheating and still doesn't know Jesus?

There is a lot more to Christianity than just being good. We might can be good for nothing but it takes knowing Jesus to become a Christian.

Who is without excuse to know God? If one knows God, do they know Jesus? Remember Jesus is God.

Artfuldodger

I think bats might be the leading perverts within the animal world.

Georgia Hard Hunter

To a point I made earlier in another thread the word was not written before man. Again I understand that the Bible was the inspired word of God written through human beings. But anything that man touches can be tainted. Therefore literally taking the Bible word for word is probably not a good idea.

I was raised in a Christian home but seldom practice what I learned. However I sure can see the BULL in this facepalm:

TTom

Across the river, if you disqualify the "if it is found in nature argument", then the flip side argument must also be disqualified.
Ergo the homosexuality is not natural and thus wrong argument is eliminated as well.