Bill would give veterans free lifetime license

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Should be for the entire Nation. Veterans make up about 7 percent of our population. Bet most didn't know it was such a small number.

shdw633

Should be for the entire Nation. Veterans make up about 7 percent of our population. Bet most didn't know it was such a small number.

I agree.

Gaswamp

somebody will have to take up the slack and a lot of veterans hunt and fish.

Served for twenty years and retired in Georgia. Been paying Georgia state taxes forever and now they wait until I am 65.

MudDucker

Staff member
Lifers, yes ... three and out, nope, unless they served in a war theater.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Free licenses are not "free"

Well, actually they are. It's not like the state is selling a product. They are selling a privilege.

Now, you could argue that the state might be "losing out" on the <7% of license sales to veterans, but free licenses are just that.... free.

And I support the idea of vets getting a break. They don't ask for it, but they've certainly earned it.

Big7

The Oracle
You put your butt on the line to protect me and I'll
pick up the "slack" someone posted above.

My Dad had in over 42 years. He paid until he
was old enough to receive honorary license.

That just ain't right.

I don't care WHO pays for it.

lampern

Somebody has to pay for the game wardens or fish stocking.

All "free" licenses do is cost the DNR money.

Big7

The Oracle

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Somebody has to pay for the game wardens or fish stocking.

All "free" licenses do is cost the DNR money.

Yeah, and serving in the military cost many their lives, limbs, health, marriages, and more. The country and every one of us who live in it owes them for our liberty to hunt and fish, a free license is the least they could do.

b rad

hope it passes before my 1 year free license has to be renewed when do they finalize bills in the state?

lampern

Yeah, and serving in the military cost many their lives, limbs, health, marriages, and more. The country and every one of us who live in it owes them for our liberty to hunt and fish, a free license is the least they could do.

I'm not arguing for or against the bill.

But it is going to cost the DNR revenue.

humdandy

Banned
Well, actually they are. It's not like the state is selling a product. They are selling a privilege.

Now, you could argue that the state might be "losing out" on the <7% of license sales to veterans, but free licenses are just that.... free.

And I support the idea of vets getting a break. They don't ask for it, but they've certainly earned it.

I support it as well. But the license Imo is a tax on hunters for something that should be a right.

davidhelmly

Well then, just tell them during your three you won't be deployed and shot at.facepalm:

Should be for ALL vets..

Agreed, I will certainly help take up their slack, without them we may not be hunting and fishing!! :smash::smash: