What Is True?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That's right. It's your job to prove what you claim. It's your task.

As a believer I got frustrated trying to explain things to myself.
These guys know they have nothing that backs up their claims. They are just in too deep and too dishonest to admit it. It's not intentional, it is a reflex reaction until they come to terms with reality.

red neck richie

The POINT of apologetics is having the ability to explain yourself, your beliefs, your experiences, your assertions and claims in ways that are relatable to the non religious.
Apologists posess that ability and that is why there is a forum for it.
You either have it or you don't but do not be so disingenous to come into and Atheists, Agnostics and Apologetics specific forum and
expect to not to be grilled about your broken record unprovable claims.
The constant biblical verses and baseless preaching to the choir is a few floors up where the real disagreements happen.

It is explained you just don't believe the explanation. Call it what ever you like in mans terminology. I'm not interested in that. I am however interested in salvation. I know why I even care . My mind is telling me not to waste my time but my spirit is telling me you must try. Who do I listen to? Well my spirit of course. I'm naturally hard headed as are many of you but I have learned how to let go and trust in God. I have a peace in my spirit that is so comforting. I want each and everyone of you to know my Father. This is why I care. I may never change you mind or make you see the truth But as my brothers you are worth the fight.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
It is explained you just don't believe the explanation. Call it what ever you like in mans terminology. I'm not interested in that. I am however interested in salvation. I know why I even care . My mind is telling me not to waste my time but my spirit is telling me you must try. Who do I listen to? Well my spirit of course. I'm naturally hard headed as are many of you but I have learned how to let go and trust in God. I have a peace in my spirit that is so comforting. I want each and everyone of you to know my Father. This is why I care. I may never change you mind or make you see the truth But as my brothers you are worth the fight.

Ask your spirit to give you some facts that are undeniable.
Ask your spirit to throw you a bone that would stand up in a courtroom.

If your explanations were worthy nobody could deny them.

Is this honestly the best you've got?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Richie you can change our minds quickly, just try backing up your claims with facts and evidence.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
What proof can you give me that there is no afterlife?

Who said there is no afterlife?
I personally dont know if there is or isn't, but I am not so arrogant to tell anyone details about something that I not only know nothing about, but cannot back up when I claim that I do.
How does one narrow down an afterlife when they have not stopped living?
Extraordinary claims require Extraordinary evidence.
If you make one we expect the other.
If what you say is true it cannot be a problem to back up.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Good looking out Welder I appreciate it. But when God puts a calling on my heart I have learned to listen. It may be futile but its well worth a shot in the dark.

So God is telling you to do this and you are unable to do it any way that is truthful or even convincing.
He is either unwilling to provide you with the skills, or incapable of helping you, or non existent.
Ask him which.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I understand that calling.
I feel like David many times when he said "Is there not a cause?!!"

I feel like Foghorn Leghorn when he said " stop it boy, you are doing a lot of chopping but no chips are flying"

welderguy

Who said there is no afterlife?
I personally dont know if there is or isn't, but I am not so arrogant to tell anyone details about something that I not only know nothing about, but cannot back up when I claim that I do.
How does one narrow down an afterlife when they have not stopped living?
Extraordinary claims require Extraordinary evidence.
If you make one we expect the other.
If what you say is true it cannot be a problem to back up.

If you are open to the possibility of an afterlife, why did you reply with this:

"facepalm:"

...when I said this ?:

"The Spirit causes a man to long for something that's not of this world...
....and to lose interest in many things that are of this world."

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
If you are open to the possibility of an afterlife, why did you reply with this:

"facepalm:"

...when I said this ?:

"The Spirit causes a man to long for something that's not of this world...
....and to lose interest in many things that are of this world."
Because you have been unable to back any of it up.
You talk about a spirit and cannot back it up with anything.
Since your first post in this entire forum your only constant is your inability to back up every single claim you made.
Isnt it about time you get that spirit to help you out? Or realize that it's just you having a tea party around an empty table.

red neck richie

So God is telling you to do this and you are unable to do it any way that is truthful or even convincing.
He is either unwilling to provide you with the skills, or incapable of helping you, or non existent.
Ask him which.

No need to ask my questions have been answered. I am praying for him to tell you. You are the one in doubt. Remember I have received my proof you have not. Maybe this is what angers you be patient.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
No need to ask my questions have been answered. I am praying for him to tell you. You are the one in doubt. Remember I have received my proof you have not. Maybe this is what angers you be patient.
Hard to believe a god would change his mind or plan from a prayer.
You are asking a god to do your will.
Bad mojo richie.

Hollywood Liberals anger me.
Anti 2nd Amendment protestors anger me.
Pelosi, Schumer and the likes anger me.
Guys who cannot back up their claims and instead make excuses entertain me.

welderguy

Because you have been unable to back any of it up.
You talk about a spirit and cannot back it up with anything.
Since your first post in this entire forum your only constant is your inability to back up every single claim you made.
Isnt it about time you get that spirit to help you out? Or realize that it's just you having a tea party around an empty table.

That's pure balogni.
The reason you posted your little facepalm emoji is because you are not open to the possibility of an afterlife. You don't fool anyone.
As a matter of fact, I remember about a year ago you told me you believed when this life is over that's it.nothing else.(I can find it if you need proof)

You keep telling us we're dishonest, but you may need to check yourself.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That's pure balogni.
The reason you posted your little facepalm emoji is because you are not open to the possibility of an afterlife. You don't fool anyone.
As a matter of fact, I remember about a year ago you told me you believed when this life is over that's it.nothing else.(I can find it if you need proof)

You keep telling us we're dishonest, but you may need to check yourself.
Sure I said that, I have seen zero evidence otherwise.
I'm open to an afterlife.
No idea if it is reincarnation, a thousand yard shooting range with unlimited ammo and weapons or recycled worm poop that helps someone grow a flower.
All the evidence I have seen points to worm poop.
I dont remember anything before I was born and I dont think (not know) I'll know of anything after im dead.
I hope my impact while here allows a positive memory of me to continue with my friends and family and aquaintances.

If my actions on earth dictate my afterlife I am a shoe in.

If I have to narrow down one specific set of ancient rules to follow then I choose worm poop until I see evidence otherwise.

red neck richie

Hard to believe a god would change his mind or plan from a prayer.
You are asking a god to do your will.
Bad mojo richie.

Hollywood Liberals anger me.
Anti 2nd Amendment protestors anger me.
Pelosi, Schumer and the likes anger me.
Guys who cannot back up their claims and instead make excuses entertain me.

I would say 3 out of 4 aint bad. But your confused on the most important one. Sound like we are two peas in a pod except I don't live without God. If it is his will it will be done. But he does hear our prayers. And will answer them in accordance to the plan. I'm glad at least I'm entertaining to you. It is not my intent to anger you. I'm just hoping something I say brings you back.

welderguy

Sure I said that, I have seen zero evidence otherwise.
I'm open to an afterlife.
No idea if it is reincarnation, a thousand yard shooting range with unlimited ammo and weapons or recycled worm poop that helps someone grow a flower.
All the evidence I have seen points to worm poop.
I dont remember anything before I was born and I dont think (not know) I'll know of anything after im dead.
I hope my impact while here allows a positive memory of me to continue with my friends and family and aquaintances.

If my actions on earth dictate my afterlife I am a shoe in.

If I have to narrow down one specific set of ancient rules to follow then I choose worm poop until I see evidence otherwise.

And I believe there's a heaven.
I don't get proof from you that all there is after death is worm poop.
And you don't get proof from me that there is heaven.

I could demand that proof from you, and you wouldn't be able to give it.
See how that works?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
And I believe there's a heaven.
I don't get proof from you that all there is after death is worm poop.
And you don't get proof from me that there is heaven.

I could demand that proof from you, and you wouldn't be able to give it.
See how that works?
Now see you are not being realistic. I CAN show you dead bodies in various stages of decomposition.
I am realistic and factual right up to and including the point where flesh is broken down to a point where it is gone.

I could then make up some ridiculous story about a part of a being that may or may not exist (soul) and what happens to it after death (if anything) and tell you in detail about where I NEED it to go (some fantasy land) in order to face my own mortality.
But the truth is that I Do Not Know.
And you do not know any more than I do.
You just pretend to so you can deal with it.

You are making the extraordinary claims welder. You need to provide the evidence that backs them up.

See Ambush's reply above.

Last edited: