Religion makes another contribution today.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Just sitting here and catching up through these posts, and I got to wondering something.

If Jesus had Social Media and Forums to post in, would he use all Caps to yell at someone in an attempt to get his point accross? :rolleyes:

WaltL1

Walt I agree with you but that was man telling you to choose. I have had the same thoughts. Like Ambush said men interpret scripture differently. That's why there is a church of a different denomination on every other corner. Denominations are man made there are no special sections in Heaven for your particular denomination. I've told you in the past I too struggle with organized religion because of men's interpretations. But I decided a long time ago I wouldn't let what men think get in the way of my personal relationship with my Father in Heaven. My spiritually is more important to me than what others think. I think being gay is wrong and goes against nature and my beliefs but it is not for me to dole out punishment that is for God to decide.
but that was man telling you to choose
Nope there are a number of things I find wrong in the Bible that I would have to choose to ignore.
And wouldn't God know I thought the Bible was "wrong" (in some places) and was just faking it?
Denominations are man made
I agree.
I think being gay is wrong
We differ there.
I view being gay in much the same way as I view being left handed. Theres a whole lot less lefties in the world but I don't view them as being "wrong".
but it is not for me to dole out punishment that is for God to decide
I can respect that.

red neck richie

Just sitting here and catching up through these posts, and I got to wondering something.

If Jesus had Social Media and Forums to post in, would he use all Caps to yell at someone in an attempt to get his point accross? :rolleyes:

Absolutely not. I believe he would speak very calmly. Often using metaphors that would require deep thought and soul searching. Although he was know for flipping over a table or two in a temple when men had it wrong.

ambush80

Absolutely not. I believe he would speak very calmly. Often using metaphors that would require deep thought and soul searching. Although he was know for flipping over a table or two in a temple when men had it wrong.

He would post like Isreal.

WaltL1

Caps doesn't necessarily equate to yelling. They can also be used to draw attention to certain words you find important to the point you are making. Its pretty easy in some of these discussions for eyes to glaze over and "speed read" so to speak.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Caps doesn't necessarily equate to yelling. They can also be used to draw attention to certain words you find important to the point you are making. Its pretty easy in some of these discussions for eyes to glaze over and "speed read" so to speak.

So Black yelling is ok, but what if I put them in red? (red letters being mentioned in an earlier thread)

The red letters in the bible............you know that part, so if Jesus posted his caps in red letters would he be yelling or just bringing attention to those words. Remember, he did let his temple show one day in the synagogue. I think he yelled in red letters that day.

WaltL1

So Black yelling is ok, but what if I put them in red? (red letters being mentioned in an earlier thread)

The red letters in the bible............you know that part, so if Jesus posted his caps in red letters would he be yelling or just bringing attention to those words. Remember, he did let his temple show one day in the synagogue. I think he yelled in red letters that day.
So Black yelling is ok, but what if I put them in red?
Personally I don't care if you (or Jesus) uses caps, psychedelic colors or whatever.
You sure would hate getting a hand written letter from me as I haven't written in cursive for decades and print in all caps :rofl:

StriperAddict

If Jesus had Social Media

If Jesus walked among us social media types, it might look like this...

Jesus... Come, follow me ...
Kid....... Facebook?
Jesus... No, I literally want you to follow me
Kid....... Umm, Twitter? SnapChat??
Jesus.... facepalm: I'm going to start over again and you just let me know when I lose you

:bounce:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Personally I don't care if you (or Jesus) uses caps, psychedelic colors or whatever.
You sure would hate getting a hand written letter from me as I haven't written in cursive for decades and print in all caps :rofl:
:rofl:
If Jesus walked among us social media types, it might look like this...

Jesus... Come, follow me ...
Kid....... Facebook?
Jesus... No, I literally want you to follow me
Kid....... Umm, Twitter? SnapChat??
Jesus.... facepalm: I'm going to start over again and you just let me know when I lose you

:bounce:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Well, I had to do some more Jesus Googling, and the angry thing just kept cropping up, then I ran into this as someone was attempting to explain that Jesus may haven gotten angry, but he did not sin. Hmmmm

Ephesians 4:6 is the verse I think they were trying to point out where Jesus said "Be angry but do not sin".

Not sure bout ya'll but that sounds vaguely familiar, as in something I've read in the Tao Te Ching,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so it's off to the Tao to see if Jesus was plagiarizing a book that was thousands of years older than the bible.

ambush80

Well, I had to do some more Jesus Googling, and the angry thing just kept cropping up, then I ran into this as someone was attempting to explain that Jesus may haven gotten angry, but he did not sin. Hmmmm

Ephesians 4:6 is the verse I think they were trying to point out where Jesus said "Be angry but do not sin".

Not sure bout ya'll but that sounds vaguely familiar, as in something I've read in the Tao Te Ching,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so it's off to the Tao to see if Jesus was plagiarizing a book that was thousands of years older than the bible.

Can't wait to hear about what you find down that rabbit hole.:pop2:

ambush80

Would he have to type on a keyboard or would he just blink?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I think because of social media, the instant capacity to share information worldwide and cameras, snapchat etc... Jesus would reach many more people almost instantly but without any of the miracles.

ambush80

I think because of social media, the instant capacity to share information worldwide and cameras, snapchat etc... Jesus would reach many more people almost instantly but without any of the miracles.

I need a miracle. Parting the Red Sea would make me believe, it really, really would. But I would have to be there with 1,000s of other people with cameras rolling.

Actually, a ***** in my heart would do it. I imagine that a ***** in the heart of believers must be something powerful. It must be undeniable that one is experiencing the agency of an outside source and not their own imagination.

Israel

BANNED
I see some very interesting comments...especially regarding how to treat some brand of folks in particular. Pick your flavor.

Have you ever heard anyone say:

Man 1: "See that guy over there? He's got a great sense of humor, he's smart as a whip, probably the kindest and most patient man I have ever seen, and loyal to a fault"

Man 2: "Sounds like you know him pretty well, must be a friend of yours."

Man 1: "Yes, I've known him about 30 years and never once in that time have I ever felt anything but loathing for him".

So Jesus talks about this: "Whatsoever you do to the least of these my brethren, you have done unto me."

So I think of scenarios...Jesus standing in front of a buncha toothless haggard rag tag folks...but...

nope...that don't work, just can't see Jesus grandstanding them, y'know, sweeping his arms and saying "look at these poor miserable grinning idiots, if you're kind to them...you're being kind to me"
Besides which, Jesus has a lot to say how blessed poor folk are, those people (in that scenario) begin to look more like the kind of people Jesus readily hangs out with, so if he esteems them like that, they must not be the bunch of "least ones" he's talking about. Wait...those are the winners...not the losers. So, that don't fit at all what Jesus must be saying.

"Ahh I said", growing in my religiosity, maybe he means them "sinner folk"...so I kinda see myself going around with my fingers clutching my nostrils...and being real nice to "sinner folk"...this surely will win them to Jesus and allow me to show my devotion! "look, another wretched sinner...I can be nice to"!
Nah, that scenario also has some built in stops...like most folks can tell when you gotta "hold your breath" around them...you know, so you don't get their stink too far up your nose.
Scratch that one, too.

So it gets real frustrating...Jesus...who are the least ones I gotta find to show my devotion to you...and the rest I can just kinda treat...well...like they ain't there...or worse?

Having been around some folks who have told me they see things a certain way (just like I do, but I don't mean necessary agreement...just that they are as convinced they see rightly...just like....me!)...it's been mentioned a time or two..."well...see? Jesus says "the least of these my brethren...so it can only apply to christians." Be good to christians...(and pretty well you're free to ignore...(or worse)...the rest). Well, in that line I found out that sometimes the one whose considered least (depending upon who I was hanging out with) was the guy with the gold studded pulpit and the three diamond pinky rings...to some...he was the least. At other times (and to other folks) passing some guy preaching in an old torn suit on a street corner would bring about the "finger making circular motions round the temple" sign. So, even in "that circle"...some are in, some are "out". Is it the guy with the mitre hat? Or the other guy? Or that guy? Or the one with the gazillion dollar TV extravaganza? Yeah...it really gets tiring. Wait, Jesus it must be that you want me to love the guy I consider...least like you! Trying to find "the least" is really rough...cause the one I consider least...in whatever measure...I keep hearing "no, it ain't that guy, I'm lovimg him to pieces."

Then the bulb blew. Or went on, depending upon where you hang.
The least...is everyone...that ain't me. And I pled guilty to that. And got off without so much as a reprimand.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Now I get it, all the conversations Izzy has had with Jesus are actually conversations with himself playing the part of Jesus. God's voice sounds exactly like Izzy's own voice and that is why he has never answered our requests to explain the voice he claims to hear.

Israel

BANNED
sometimes there are thees and thous...sometimes...not. Sometimes...He even sounds a bit like you.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
sometimes there are thees and thous...sometimes...not. Sometimes...He even sounds a bit like you.

I do not doubt you for a second.

Israel

BANNED
And sometimes he has sounded like a woman's voice...