Nashville Statement reactions

Artfuldodger

I can see the anti-homosexual part but is the anti-transgender part biblical?

All I could find was Deutoronomy 22:5

"A woman must not put on men's clothing, and a man must not wear women's clothing. Anyone who does this is detestable in the sight of the LORD your God.

stringmusic

Romans 12:2 comes to mind when I read the opponents of the Nashville Statement

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Artfuldodger

Romans 12:2 comes to mind when I read the opponents of the Nashville Statement

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

That's also a favorite verse of the Amish.

Artfuldodger

Good observation. And I don't think they particularly care or mind what us gentiles do.

I would reckon they find us too "conformed to this world."

They too now conform by selling furniture and such. Yet God never changes.

Just how much conforming to this world can a Christian do and not be transformed by the renewal of their mind?

Artfuldodger

I wonder if these folks are a bit too conformed to this world to not be thinking much of the Nashville Statement?
They might need to come up with the Destin Statement;

Attachments

• Crab-Island1.2885250_std.jpg
    Crab-Island1.2885250_std.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 372

stringmusic

I would reckon they find us too "conformed to this world."

They too now conform by selling furniture and such. Yet God never changes.

Just how much conforming to this world can a Christian do and not be transformed by the renewal of their mind?

I don't think that verse is talking about driving cars and using electricity.

stringmusic

Do you think it pertains to women dancing to rap music while drinking booze in waste deep water while wearing skimpy bikinis that make men lust?

That would be more along the lines of what that verse is talking about.

Artfuldodger

That would be more along the lines of what that verse is talking about.

This is true. I often wonder why the definition of conforming to the world changes with each generation?
Does the transformation of the renewal of our mind change as well?
Why do girls now dress as men even in Church? Did something happen to the present day mind renewals from my grandparents mind renewals?

Artfuldodger

The picture of the young people in the water at Crab Island in Destin Florida looks pretty tame. Looking at the videos on Youtube paints a different picture. It looks a bit too worldly and not very Godly.
I'm sure my nieces and nephews would not see it as I do. My mother would see it as Satan himself. Her Mother wouldn't even watch it. Yet God never changes.

But we don't have a group of preachers in Destin making a statement about it. There is no protest by the vacationing Christians. God is on hold while they vacation.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Do you think it pertains to women dancing to rap music while drinking booze in waste deep water while wearing skimpy bikinis that make men lust?

Chauvinist much? An inanimate object like an article of clothing can "make" a man lust? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Meanwhile in other countries the upper part of a bathing suit garment is not required and believe it or not, it is everyday blase' fair and men do not lust because of it's presence or absence.

If a man lusts in his heart it is because of the man, not because of what a woman is wearing.

stringmusic

This is true. I often wonder why the definition of conforming to the world changes with each generation?
It doesn't, the only thing that changes are the things a person during a certain time period can conform to.
Does the transformation of the renewal of our mind change as well?
No
Why do girls now dress as men even in Church?
They don't, unless they're in a tranny church.

I don't believe Deuteronomy 22:5 is talking about women wearing pants or button down shirts, it's taking about men and women dressing up to make themselves look like the opposite gender.

stringmusic

Chauvinist much? An inanimate object like an article of clothing can "make" a man lust? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
No, but it certainly doesn't help and I believe God not prefer women walking around with skimpy clothes on.

Timothy 2:9
"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array"

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
No, but it certainly doesn't help and I believe God not prefer women walking around with skimpy clothes on.

Timothy 2:9
"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array"

So you believe in a Biblical sense that women should come to church with their head covered, no make-up, no jewelry, sit in the back and shut up.

I mean if we're going to follow all of the edicts of Biblical direction, lets don't skimp on any.

Artfuldodger

Meanwhile in other countries the upper part of a bathing suit garment is not required and believe it or not, it is everyday blase' fair and men do not lust because of it's presence or absence.

If a man lusts in his heart it is because of the man, not because of what a woman is wearing.

It's not the bathing suit that is making the men lust but what the bathing suit isn't covering. That plus the gyrations to the music and alcohol all add to the lustful thoughts.
I would agree that even if they were naked, the lust still lies within the beholder.

Regardless my point was more along the lines of why does worldly conformation change from generation to generation?

Why did women's bathing suits get smaller. Why did women start wearing pants? There was a time when men dressed as men and women dressed as men.
This changed a lot during the Sixties era. Unisex clothing was big. Girls were allowed to wear pants to school instead of dresses and skirts. Men wore longer hair and girls wore shorter hair. Men started wearing ear rings.
Women started wearing brogans.

Today that is so far removed from our minds that it isn't worldly. Clothing and dress is only a tiny bit of this worldly confirmation.
The transformation of the renewal of our minds has changed as well. The way we think about blacks and whites dating. The way we think about couples living together without getting married. The way our children think about homosexuals. The way society views transgenders.
It gets even deeper. The way we view reverence to God. The way we worship. Even our Bible interpretations change over time. The way we view the Ten Commandments. The way we view anger and love.

What we hold dear in our heart. Honor among men. The way we help our neighbors. The way we trust one another. The way we offer forgiveness.

What we do on vacation. I grew up camping on vacation but we still went to a Church on Sunday. Not the campground service. Crazy by today's worldly confirmations. Even strange by mine.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
It's not the bathing suit that is making the men lust but what the bathing suit isn't covering. That plus the gyrations to the music and alcohol all add to the lustful thoughts.
I would agree that even if they were naked, the lust still lies within the beholder.

Regardless my point was more along the lines of why does worldly conformation change from generation to generation?

Why did women's bathing suits get smaller. Why did women start wearing pants? There was a time when men dressed as men and women dressed as men.
This changed a lot during the Sixties era. Unisex clothing was big. Girls were allowed to wear pants to school instead of dresses and skirts. Men wore longer hair and girls wore shorter hair. Men started wearing ear rings.
Women started wearing brogans.

Today that is so far removed from our minds that it isn't worldly. Clothing and dress is only a tiny bit of this worldly confirmation.
The transformation of the renewal of our minds has changed as well. The way we think about blacks and whites dating. The way we think about couples living together without getting married. The way our children think about homosexuals. The way society views transgenders.
It gets even deeper. The way we view reverence to God. The way we worship. Even our Bible interpretations
change over time. The way we view the Ten Commandments. The way we view anger and love.
What we hold dear in our heart.
Honor among men. The way we help our neighbors. The way we trust one another. The way we offer forgiveness.

What we do on vacation. I grew up camping on vacation but we still went to a Church on Sunday. Not the campground service. Crazy by today's worldly confirmations. Even strange by mine.
We were created naked. Why did cloths become a necessity to begin with?