Sinclair 11/12/17

61BelAir

This past Sunday I had the pleasure of meeting and fishing with member Eugene Stinson on Lake Sinclair. We met @ 5:30 at the Waffle House and were on the water about 6 a.m. until around noon. It was cold and rainy all morning, but I had a good time. Eugene caught 4 ...3 were keepers and I caught 2 keepers. I think we were on the wrong side of the cold front (actually not on either side of it, but right in the middle) and there just weren't many bites.

We only saw a couple of other boats out and I saw one of them catching a few tiny bass on the drop shot in around 25' of water.

I must say that the ones we did catch looked much better than the usual pale gray bass I usually get from Sinclair. Too cold and wet to take any pictures. I think I warmed up sometime Tuesday.

olcaptain

Next time you or y'all meet at the Waffle House text me the night before and I'll join you for coffee. You/Y'all can go fish and freeze and I'll go home where it's warm.

61BelAir

Next time you or y'all meet at the Waffle House text me the night before and I'll join you for coffee. You/Y'all can go fish and freeze and I'll go home where it's warm.

That sounds like a plan. Well....except for the freezing part. It was a blessing to run into you at lunch today. I really enjoyed the fellowship and the food was great as always.

olcaptain

That sounds like a plan. Well....except for the freezing part. It was a blessing to run into you at lunch today. I really enjoyed the fellowship and the food was great as always.

I had a great time. As always, I probably talked too much :clap:

Eugene Stinson

breakfast

61BelAir is good fishing with you. Wish I could have gotten them to bite a little better. We will do it again soon.

Every time I go fishing I used to stop by the huddle house. The last 3 times I went there the food was sub par. Now I stop at the Waffle House. Horace next time I will text you just in case. Will probably be fishing Sunday so you just might be a little busy. We are doing Thanksgiving on Saturday since the kids are going to the in-laws on Thursday. I can't think of a better place to reflect and give thanks to God for creating a smelly, slimy, green monster I so love to catch and eat.

Last edited:

olcaptain

61BelAir is good fishing with you. Wish I could have gotten them to bite a little better. We will do it again soon.

Every time I go fishing I used to stop by the huddle house. The last 3 times I went there the food was sub par. Now I stop at the Waffle House. Horace next time I will text you just in case. Will probably be fishing Sunday so you just might be a little busy. We are doing Thanksgiving on Saturday since the kids are going to the in-laws on Thursday. I can't think of a better place to reflect and give thanks to God for creating a smelly, slimy, green monster I so love to catch and eat.

Just let me know anytime you are around: 404-405-3523

61BelAir

Eugene I don't think KVD could have gotten them to bite very well that day. Plus neither of us got skunked. I'm looking forward to going again. I'll even go back out in the cold and rain again, but I'm going to prepare better for it. I gave up on the northside Huddle House years ago. They just can't get their act together. Plus I can't get double hashbrowns there.

Yesterday I was privileged to visit with Horace. I tied off to his dock and we took the Carp Shark all the way up to the old bridge. A beautiful trip and great conversation. It was also the first time I got to meet Max and as a bonus I got to meet Mrs. LaFavor as well. On the way up there I got the boat stuck on a sandbar hiding just underwater out in the middle of Crooked Creek cove. I had to change into some shorts and get out and push it off. The water was 64 degrees so it wasn't that bad.

I went and fished some dock lights afterwards and caught 5 decent ones. Nothing big but a couple of 3 pounders and the rest were 14" and longer. I lost 4 fish....all right at the boat while trying to flip them in. If I'd gotten the net out I would have had all of them. Sometime after dark my phone disappeared.
It was a warm 65 degrees and probably the last night like that until spring. I wanted to stay out until the rain came in, but my trolling motor batteries protested. (I hadn't charged them after the last time I went.) Between that and losing my phone I figured it was safer to call it quits.

Eugene Stinson

I can't stress this enough. You have to put your batteries on charge just as soon as you get home. My last set of batteries lasted 10 years.
My trolling motor take 50 amps to deploy. When it get stuck you have no choice to get new batteries. But the Unterra is sweet.
Don't let a lead acid battery get below 50% or an AGM go below 70% discharged and they will last a long time. AGM can take the vibration and bouncing with little concern. A regular lead acid will die in 2 to 3 years when bounced around on the water.
Wife says I don't need to go fishing until Sunday. I wanted to go Friday :(. She may be out of luck if the weather forecast stays the same.

olcaptain

Eugene I don't think KVD could have gotten them to bite very well that day. Plus neither of us got skunked. I'm looking forward to going again. I'll even go back out in the cold and rain again, but I'm going to prepare better for it. I gave up on the northside Huddle House years ago. They just can't get their act together. Plus I can't get double hashbrowns there.

Yesterday I was privileged to visit with Horace. I tied off to his dock and we took the Carp Shark all the way up to the old bridge. A beautiful trip and great conversation. It was also the first time I got to meet Max and as a bonus I got to meet Mrs. LaFavor as well. On the way up there I got the boat stuck on a sandbar hiding just underwater out in the middle of Crooked Creek cove. I had to change into some shorts and get out and push it off. The water was 64 degrees so it wasn't that bad.

I went and fished some dock lights afterwards and caught 5 decent ones. Nothing big but a couple of 3 pounders and the rest were 14" and longer. I lost 4 fish....all right at the boat while trying to flip them in. If I'd gotten the net out I would have had all of them. Sometime after dark my phone disappeared.
It was a warm 65 degrees and probably the last night like that until spring. I wanted to stay out until the rain came in, but my trolling motor batteries protested. (I hadn't charged them after the last time I went.) Between that and losing my phone I figured it was safer to call it quits.

Pictures = Proof ?

SSuUsNn.jpg

qRE8RbI.jpg

61BelAir

Thanks for posting those Captain.

Eugene you are correct that trolling motor of yours is SWEET. I thought you'd forgotten something at first when you backed your boat down the ramp and it just floated off with no rope attached. Those sure are awesome, but I think one cost more than I paid for my whole boat. I guess if I fished tournaments and actually won a few dollars one would be an investment but for me it's just a luxury that'll have to wait.

I've got 2 spare phones that have both been used with my number before and Verizon wouldn't let me switch service to either of them today. It said they are "locked". Oh well...I'll have to try and get that straightened out tomorrow.

I might get to fish some this weekend, but if I do it'll be down at Thundering Springs. I'm off Thursday, but back to work Friday so we'll do Thanksgiving with my in-laws here in town and then with my parents during the weekend.

I hope that all of you and your families have a blessed holiday. With this old world getting crazier by the minute it's easy to forget how much we have to be thankful for.

WERA39

Sinclair. I love that place (altho it hasnt been kind to me this past year either pleasure fishing or tourney's). The pic in my profile i caught there last Feb. during a Berry's tourney (6.6 lbs) on a green chatterbait. I love all the grass at Sinclair and froggin for Bass.

We were just there this past Sat (18th) for a Berry's tourney and i had 5 bites and one on the hook that got off at the boat while my partner managed to get 2 keepers in the boat, on of all things, a lizard up by the dam, which is also the only place i was able to get any bites using the same.

Eugene Stinson

After further review and a long look at replays... of the weather pattern, I will be going fishing on Thanksgiving morning.
Belair is going to be stuck with the in-laws :rofl:
I'll be stuck with the fish. :yeah:
I will also be at the waffle house eating thanksgiving breakfast at 5 to 5:15 in the morning.

I'll have to get my mind right before the big storm.
I have Thursday evening and all day Friday to get the house cleaned before all the family converge at my residence Saturday to eat a big meal, retire to the living room, turn on the football game, slip our hands inside the belt line of our pants, and see who snores first.

61BelAir

I'm actually blessed to have great in-laws (this go around) and am looking forward to it.

IF - and that's a big IF - I can drag myself out of bed early enough I'll see you at the Waffle House for Thanksgiving breakfast. I really didn't think about the timeline, but I guess I could fish for awhile. Thanksgiving festivities won't start until at least lunchtime.

I'm probably going to go out after work tomorrow night for a few hours if the temps stay in the mid to low 50's like they're predicting. I'd say to text or call if you want to go, but I didn't have time to deal with the phone issue today. Send me a PM on here if you wanna go.

Eugene Stinson

Time to apologize. I am sorry for being a no show this Thanksgiving morning at the waffle house. I hope this didn't upset anyone that ventured out this morning for breakfast and fellowship.

In a mad dash to get all my chores done so I could go fishing, I over did it and my back went out late yesterday afternoon. Good news was I could tell it wasn't that the kind of hurt associated with bulging disks that I get sometimes. This was just muscle strain.
When I woke up this morning I tried my best but it was just not happening. So more drugs and back to bed.
I got up at 9 took a warm shower, put on a ton of clothes to keep my back warm and started some light house work. By 10:30 this morning my back has loosened up pretty good. It is tight right now but not what you would call pain.
I am going to keep working my back today and see if I can go tomorrow. I make no promises but I am dying to go fishing and will do my best to go tomorrow.

olcaptain

Time to apologize. I am sorry for being a no show this Thanksgiving morning at the waffle house. I hope this didn't upset anyone that ventured out this morning for breakfast and fellowship.

In a mad dash to get all my chores done so I could go fishing, I over did it and my back went out late yesterday afternoon. Good news was I could tell it wasn't that the kind of hurt associated with bulging disks that I get sometimes. This was just muscle strain.
When I woke up this morning I tried my best but it was just not happening. So more drugs and back to bed.
I got up at 9 took a warm shower, put on a ton of clothes to keep my back warm and started some light house work. By 10:30 this morning my back has loosened up pretty good. It is tight right now but not what you would call pain.
I am going to keep working my back today and see if I can go tomorrow. I make no promises but I am dying to go fishing and will do my best to go tomorrow.

Take care of that back and get well soon!

Eugene Stinson

I don't know why but I know there is a reason. Only GOD knows.
Normally when I go down in the back it is from inflamed disks in my lower back. This is the first time just doing normal cleaning up my back went to hurting this way. It is just sore muscles. Both of my back straps hurt like I had ran a marathon on rough terrain.
When I woke up at 4am this morning I could not bend over to put my pants on. When I woke up later the back was sore but I could move around pretty good. I continued on with some light house work and cleaning and the more I did the better the back got.
For what ever reason the good Lord kept me from driving to the lake this morning only He in his infinite wisdom know. I thank the Lord for the pain it took to keep me from going and maybe something worse happening to me.
I feel good right now with only a little stiffness in my back.

1 Thessalonians 5:18

18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus
AMEN

61BelAir

I need to post almost the exact thing. I woke up with a sore back and didn't make it either. Captain, I sure hope you didn't end up eating breakfast alone at the Waffle House. I did go fish last night, but had all intentions of meeting ya'll this morning.
I know exactly why I'm hurting. Our little dog got hit yesterday and my wife and I took off work long enough to come home and bury her between 2 & 3....then back to work. We wanted to get her deep enough that nothing would get at her and also were rushed because of our jobs. My wife and I are both sore today.

Hopefully we'll all be feeling better in the morning. Like you said Eugene, there's no telling what may have happened if we hadn't stayed home. It's always good to look for the better side of a situation and for what we have to be thankful for even during the bad times. I know that helps me deal with chronic back pain.