Little Creek Bow Club Meriwether *2021-22 Info Post 314*

brettp

Approximate loc?

Hi David, I live in Marietta and would like to approximate drive time..can you provide streets, coord? Thanks, Brett

davidhelmly

Hi David, I live in Marietta and would like to approximate drive time..can you provide streets, coord? Thanks, Brett

Brett, we are about 5 miles NE of Greenville, almost exactly 1 hour from the ATL airport. PM me your contact info and I can send you a copy of this years rules.

Thanks,
David

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
2 openings left for the 2017-18 season.

David, it was great finally meeting you, Cindy, and the guys last week...enjoyed chatting with you guys, and looking forward to helping you drag Cindy's next Toad out this fall!

davidhelmly

David, it was great finally meeting you, Cindy, and the guys last week...enjoyed chatting with you guys, and looking forward to helping you drag Cindy's next Toad out this fall!

Thanks Gary, It was nice finally meeting you and Ann and we are looking forward to hunting with you this year! Thank you for the help offering, she never shoots a deer that runs toward the truck... :bounce: :cheers:

davidhelmly

Taking Inventory

We started back feeding as soon our season went out so we put cameras on some of the feeders for a few weeks to see what bucks were still around. We've still got lots of bucks hanging around but some of the bigger guys haven't been seen, hopefully they shed early from the stress of the drought and we just can't tell who they are.
I saved some of the pics and put together a short slide show to make it easier to see all the pics.

davidhelmly

Still 1 Spot Open

Well we had a new member have a change of heart and decide not to get in for this season so we still have 1 spot available for 2017-18.

Give me a shout if you're interested!

Good Stuff as Always!!/QUOTE]

Thanks uturn!! :cheers:

Rashman

I believe in another post, someone commented on children hunting with rifles, of course accompanied by adult. About how many gun hunters in the woods each year, for this bow club?

Rashman

How many gun hunters (children hunting with adults) each year, and how many deer (Dor or buck) harvested with gun over last 3 years versus biw?

davidhelmly

I believe in another post, someone commented on children hunting with rifles, of course accompanied by adult. About how many gun hunters in the woods each year, for this bow club?

How many gun hunters (children hunting with adults) each year, and how many deer (Dor or buck) harvested with gun over last 3 years versus biw?

Hey Douglas,
Some years there no gun hunters and some years 1 or 2, there were 0 in 2014 and 2016 that I remember and there were 2 in 2015, 2 young ladies about 12 years old or so both killed their first deer, both killed a nice fat doe.

A child hunting with a gun may only harvest a doe, here's the first paragraph on page 6 of the rules I sent you last month.

P a g e | 6
i. Guest
ï‚· You may bring your spouse or dependent children to hunt but they may only hunt your primary area and you must hunt your primary also when they hunt. You don’t have to both hunt the same stand just both stay in your primary area. Any fines that your guests incur are the member’s responsibility, also any buck killed by a spouse or child counts as your buck. Non-dependent guests CANNOT shoot a buck under any circumstances. If you are bringing a non-dependent guest it must be approved by David at least 7 days before hunting. Because several of our members have small children we will allow a minor child to kill a DOE with a gun or crossbow starting Thanksgiving Day. The same rules apply that you and the guest must hunt in your primary area. If it is a minor child that is hunting it is probably a wise choice for you to be in the same stand. There is a lot of chance for error here so be VERY careful.

davidhelmly

I'm planning on being at the lease this weekend shed hunting if anyone is interested in taking a look.

davidhelmly

It's that time of year again, deer season is winding down so we will be looking for a few members to replace any that we may lose. I won't know for sure until early Feb how many openings we will have but we will go ahead and start talking to people and showing the property as soon as season is out.
Here is a buck I passed in late Oct and another in late Dec this year and also some trailcam videos from this season.
If you think you may be interested in looking at our place just let me know, text or email is easiest for me but a call will work too, all of my info is on the first post.

Last edited:

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
That first video gets the blood pumping for sure. Some real nice studs on your farm David!!

davidhelmly

That first video gets the blood pumping for sure. Some real nice studs on your farm David!!

Thanks Ray, it was a pretty exciting hunt! We’ve got quite a few 4.5 yo and older bucks going into next year, it should be our best year in a while!!