Arguments agains Atheism by some of todays best thinkers

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Ravi Zacharias Why I am not an Athiest

SemperFiDawg

Ravi and John Lennox: Is Faith Delusional?

SemperFiDawg

Frank Turek "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist."

ambush80

Semper Fi,

I'd be honored if you saw fit to choose one topic from any of those videos and discuss it with me in depth.

SemperFiDawg

Maybe one of my favorite speakers, John Lennox. He also doesn't have enough faith to be an atheist.

WaltL1

This petty exchange is how SemperFi has chosen to live out the edict "shake the dust from your feet" and "not cast pearls before swine".:bounce:

Your actions make for fine testimony.:rofl:
He makes multiple posts.
You try to engage him in intelligent conversation about the posts that HE made.
He then deems YOU/us the troll.

I cant imagine why we don't take him seriously :bounce:

ambush80

He makes multiple posts.

I cant imagine why we don't take him seriously :bounce:

SemperFi,

I want to make amends with you. I want to be able to discuss the points you are trying to make in a cordial, civilized way in the spirit of mutual inquiry. If I disagree with you it doesn't mean that I'm trying to be mean to you.

SemperFiDawg

Says the guy who pops in here JUST to stir trouble and give insults.
SemperTrollDawg

Posting apologetic material in an apologetic forum is stirring trouble? Who knew? You know you could just do something radical and ignore it. Though you're prescient insight may be missed, with prayer we will get through it.

ambush80

Maybe one of my favorite speakers, John Lennox. He also doesn't have enough faith to be an atheist.

It might be fun in a juvenile way to try to out video each other but I'd rather we take a few points that they bring up and discuss them.

Last edited:

SemperFiDawg

He makes multiple posts.

This was you very first reply to my first post today.

Its not suprising you feel that this is an honest assessment of science in relation to religion.
Anyone with a basic understanding of what science is and isn't sees this for the big pile of steaming carp that it is.

Regardless of whether you feel this is engaging and/or intelligent, I think it speaks for itself. Need I say more?

Attachments

• 258troll_spray.jpg
    258troll_spray.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 161

ambush80

It might be fun in a juvenile way to try to out video each other but I'd rather we take a few points that they bring up and discuss them.

So Dawkins starts by saying that at the age of nine he realized that his Christian faith was due to being born in a certain place. Believers often admit that this fact is unsettling yet it's not enough reason to doubt the truth of their beliefs. I'm curious as to how Christians compartmentalize this undeniable fact. Is it just an annoying detail that you don't think deserves any thought? Why is it so easily dismissed?

ambush80

Dawkins goes on to say that he thinks that in this day and age that religious explanations (of natural phenomena) are superseded, outdated, petty and parochial. Why would he think that?

SemperFiDawg

So Dawkins starts by saying that at the age of nine he realized that his Christian faith was due to being born in a certain place.

Yet he's now an atheist, therefore he himself is a living contradiction of his pet thesis. Kind of a meta-narrative for atheism.

WaltL1

This was you very first reply to my first post today.

Regardless of whether you feel this is engaging and/or intelligent, I think it speaks for itself. Need I say more?

That wasn't trolling. I looked up your author before I said a word. He's a big time intelligent design proponent.
Hence my comment -
Its not suprising you feel that this is an honest assessment of science in relation to religion.
This comment -
Anyone with a basic understanding of what science is and isn't sees this for the big pile of steaming carp that it is.
Is in reference to his points.
Need I say more?
Nope.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Posting apologetic material in an apologetic forum is stirring trouble? Who knew? You know you could just do something radical and ignore it. Though you're prescient insight may be missed, with prayer we will get through it.

Sfd, you fool nobody.
You made embeded a few interesting videos and when someone wanted to talk to you about the videos that you posted, you called him a troll.

And you HAD to post a pic of Troll spray when nobody was even remotely trolling anyone.

You are the only true troll in the forum.