FedEx or UPS or USPS?

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
A little bit of trivia. Has anyone ever noticed the “Arrow” in the FedEx logo. I think I had worked for them for two years and someone pointed it out to me.

Fed Ex driver pointed it out to me years ago.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
UPS closed our account because we are a "seasonal" client and didn't have enough volume. Fed Ex stepped up and that's all we use now.

j_seph

USPS, then UPS, and Fedex if there is no other alternative. UPS and Fedex both seem to give out bonuses based on the number of packages destroyed. :)
Agree, I had an envelope that was to be overnight through UPS. It left KY 6 hours from the house. It somehow flew to AZ, hung out over there then flew back to KY, hung out there then made it to ATL and took 5 days

DannyW

I live in the metropolitan Atlanta area and send and receive a lot of packages. For me, I can't really tell a lot of difference in the three carriers. Occasionally one is late, or damaged, but it happens with all three. But none of the three ever completely lose a package...I bet I have shipped or received 2,000-3,000 packages since the last time any of them were lost.

Frankly, the speed of delivery amazes me. Last Sunday evening I ordered a blinker assembly for my car. It shipped Monday morning and at 12:10 on Tuesday the UPS delivery guy rang my door bell. And that was standard ground service.

Guess I am just lucky.

holton27596

Fedex does not deliver on Mondays and they do not like delivering in rural areas, Ive had them drive right by farm and never slow down and then make an entry that they tried to deliver the package!

3ringer

I live in the metropolitan Atlanta area and send and receive a lot of packages. For me, I can't really tell a lot of difference in the three carriers. Occasionally one is late, or damaged, but it happens with all three. But none of the three ever completely lose a package...I bet I have shipped or received 2,000-3,000 packages since the last time any of them were lost.

Frankly, the speed of delivery amazes me. Last Sunday evening I ordered a blinker assembly for my car. It shipped Monday morning and at 12:10 on Tuesday the UPS delivery guy rang my door bell. And that was standard ground service.

Guess I am just lucky.

You are not lucky. 98.5 % are delivered on time. You do not hear from those saying yea my shipment was on time. You mostly hear from the 1.5 % saying my shipment was late, lost or damaged. I a an Amazon Prime member. I purchase everything from toilet parts to you name it from Amazon and their guaranteed two day service. It is almost always delivered on time using ups, Fedex or usps. Winter plays a big part in on time deliveries too. While we enjoy decent weather in the south, our northern states are having bad icy weather. This really slows down the transportation chain.

3ringer

Fedex does not deliver on Mondays and they do not like delivering in rural areas, Ive had them drive right by farm and never slow down and then make an entry that they tried to deliver the package!

If I see a big unchained dog in the yard , there’s a good chance I keep driving down the road :banginghe

Capt Quirk

When I was out in Oklahoma for cancer treatments, my wife sent me a care package, USPS. Somewhere between here and there, the stamps fell off, and they refused to release the package until I paid the $15 postage... again. I have to go a mile to the end of my road, because they won't go down a dirt road. I'll take UPS, with FedEx as a second choice.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You are not lucky. 98.5 % are delivered on time. You do not hear from those saying yea my shipment was on time. You mostly hear from the 1.5 % saying my shipment was late, lost or damaged.

That's true and in fairness you are right. My "1.5%" of the time though is intolerable because it's my payroll for 47 people. UPS screwed me up so many times I told Paychex to switch to FedEx. FedEx is almost as bad.

The last time was a couple of weeks ago during the ice storm. The regular drive was out or delayed or whatever so a stand in driver was laid on. When my payroll didn't show up I tracked it and it said delivery had been attempted but we were closed. Negative Ghostrider. We were wide open for bidness.

I called Fed Ex customer service and went off like a trick cigar. They said they would send him back out. He did show back up and made it all the way to the lobby of our building. He was standing literally outside our door typing "Delivery attempted, business closed" in his typolator when our receptionist took a bathroom break and caught him before he left us hanging out to dry again. The door was not locked. If she hadn't caught him he would have left without delivering our payroll.

I don't know what his "story" was because the receptionist knew it would be best that me and him just not have a confrontation that day so she signed for the payroll and sent him quickly on his way.

The time before that was Christmas. Similar song and dance routine.

T-N-T

I'd say close to 40% of what I am to have delivered by FedEx doesn't make it on time.

Also lots of times I don't get any valid tracking updates. It just says shipped and then after delivered it says delivered. From California, no stops in between???

I work 1.2 miles from home. On a different delivery route for FedEx. At work we get stuff on business schedules. At my house,,,, rescheduled for delivery tomorrow.

specialk

Guess I am just lucky.

im in the same boat as you.....all 3 pickup and drop off daily at work......never had any real issues.....

rospaw

USPS hands down. FedEx is the worst. UPS is slightly behind FedEx.

USPS always delivers my things in a timely manner.

This^^^

Let just say my dog is a good judge of character and she DOES NOT like the fedex guy but is fine with USPS drivers.

Dr. Strangelove

USPS overall for me, even though the driver that has the route my houise is on sucks. My local post office regualry will mark a package as "delivered" or "attempted to deliver" without so much as slowing down when passing the house and then deliver it the next day. It's all about not getting in trouble with Amazon with the percentages, they're fudging the numbers.

I wouldn't let UPS deliver a sack of concrete except sometimes you just have no choice.

Fishin & Hunting

UPS service has gone down the toilet in the last year, in my opinion anyway.

FedEx drivers are rude and always in a hurry, so good and bad.

greg_n_clayton

I sent a usps check via priority mail for my deposit on the Ladner pup I am going after next week. Took it 12 days to travel just across the line..along the Interstate. ..in Mississippi !!

NugeForPres

If I have a choice, I normally go with UPS. I have had good experiences with them, and the drivers 'round here are great guys. We order from Amazon a good bit.

280bst

I always ask from who I'm ordering from who they use if it's Fed-Ex I request UPS or USPS Fed-Ex acts like they doing me a favor and if not Home I'm subject to find it any where in the yard where they threw it

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Ordered something from Amazon and it shipped UPS ith promise to deliver Thurs. Tracked to day. It shipped from Pa. Tuesday and for some reason is no in Los Angeles.

Jus' say'n

mikesjk8

As a Mailman y'all know which one I'd pick! But let me say this, it all depends on how much your carrier values his/her job and the amount of pride they take in their work. I try to treat every pkg. or letter as if its my own. Every company has its good and bad employees.