Another fun day on the sheep Tybee Island

Jimmy Lee Armel

Had another good day playing with the convicts on the reef. A little harder than Saturday but seventy percent of the structure we went to held fish. I think I could get use to these warmer temps.

Attachments

• 27657648_1507010899411912_3792291691466005931_n.jpg
    27657648_1507010899411912_3792291691466005931_n.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 987
  • 27750497_1507010926078576_7879855585799136863_n.jpg
    27750497_1507010926078576_7879855585799136863_n.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 985
Bay Boat

Cool to always see the pictures, also a big thanks for always sharing info! Looks like you have it dialed in! The skeeter must a real ocean worthy bay boat, im amazed at how often you venture off shore in a bay boat.

Jimmy Lee Armel

Cool to always see the pictures, also a big thanks for always sharing info! Looks like you have it dialed in! The skeeter must a real ocean worthy bay boat, im amazed at how often you venture off shore in a bay boat.

Thanks for the kind words! Been very blessed here lately with a good sheep bite when we can actually get out there. I've put a 1000 hours on her the first year and most of those were at the reefs. I went to the ww in the spring and didn't make it to the stream because of fuel consumption. I have to pick my days but I regularly go to the snapper banks as well. She is a heavy, strong boat that handles rough water very well. It's quite shocking how dry she is too.

Thanks

Thats great, i hope to upgrade from a 19 deep v to 21+ bay boat in near future, have been back and forth on the bay boat bc i would realy like to hit some nearshore reefs from time to time. Seeing how often and even how far your running makes me lean even harder towards a bay. Mostly fish inshore but want the option to run out when ocean is decent.

Jimmy Lee Armel

Thats great, i hope to upgrade from a 19 deep v to 21+ bay boat in near future, have been back and forth on the bay boat bc i would realy like to hit some nearshore reefs from time to time. Seeing how often and even how far your running makes me lean even harder towards a bay. Mostly fish inshore but want the option to run out when ocean is decent.

Custom Marine in statesboro is the best place around as far as variety and customer service. I highly recommend the skeeter sx2250 for this area. I don't know a lot about boats so the guys at custom amrume were a huge help with all of my questions, silly or otherwise

Gunner308

Heading to Tybee tomorrow for a 3 day R&R trip. I'm bringing the fishing gear with me but have never fished the coast this time of year. I mainly stick to the pier but am willing to wonder a little bit to find fish since the cooler temps seem to make it tougher. Do sheepshead hand around the main pier or the rock pile on the south end that's visible when the tide is out? I've never fished for them but it looks like a lot of fun.

Jimmy Lee Armel

Heading to Tybee tomorrow for a 3 day R&R trip. I'm bringing the fishing gear with me but have never fished the coast this time of year. I mainly stick to the pier but am willing to wonder a little bit to find fish since the cooler temps seem to make it tougher. Do sheepshead hand around the main pier or the rock pile on the south end that's visible when the tide is out? I've never fished for them but it looks like a lot of fun.

I'd try the rocks. I fish the reefs for them. Any of the bridges on Tybee should hold them. Good luck brother and enjoy your stay