Is the atheistic view/belief/reality that there is free-will? - Thx.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Is your head shaped like a bullet?
No one said anything about the bus being driven at the time the picture was taken. :crazy:

Correct.
And because there is a bus in the picture richie guessed Isreal was a bus driver???

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
No I only play one on the weekends. He said his wife rolled up on the birds. So she probably took the picture as well. Otherwise he would of said he rolled up on the birds.

Since his wife rolled up on the birds and probably took the pic....and she happened to catch a piece of bus in the pic....Im still wondering why you may think Israel might be a bus driver.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Sorry Bullet I couldn't help it :bounce:

No offense. Luckily it has to do with what I do with bullets. Otherwise I'd be broke buying custom hats.

red neck richie

Since his wife rolled up on the birds and probably took the pic....and she happened to catch a piece of bus in the pic....Im still wondering why you may think Israel might be a bus driver.

I didn't. I was being sarcastic hence the:D. I guess you didn't see the humor. I could have been turned into a camper for all I knew until he told me his stepdaughter was a bus driver. The funny thing is my wife is a bus driver.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I didn't. I was being sarcastic hence the:D. I guess you didn't see the humor. I could have been turned into a camper for all I knew until he told me his stepdaughter was a bus driver. The funny thing is my wife is a bus driver.

Ok Richie. My apologies

WaltL1

No offense. Luckily it has to do with what I do with bullets. Otherwise I'd be broke buying custom hats.
Yeah Ive seen some of your posts on loading/reloading.
Ive got a couple of Swedish Mausers and my deer hunting rifle (Ruger M77) in 6.5x55 that I want to start reloading for. My Dad has some old Lee reloading stuff for it that I'm going to break out and give it a try.
If you hear a large BOOM that means it didn't go well :bounce:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Yeah Ive seen some of your posts on loading/reloading.
Ive got a couple of Swedish Mausers and my deer hunting rifle (Ruger M77) in 6.5x55 that I want to start reloading for. My Dad has some old Lee reloading stuff for it that I'm going to break out and give it a try.
If you hear a large BOOM that means it didn't go well :bounce:

I just worked up some loads for a buddy who has Win 70 in 6.5x55 Swede. 120gr Barnes TTSX and 129gr Hornady SPs.
Let me know if you need any help.
It's a fine cartridge.

WaltL1

I just worked up some loads for a buddy who has Win 70 in 6.5x55 Swede. 120gr Barnes TTSX and 129gr Hornady SPs.
Let me know if you need any help.
It's a fine cartridge.
The Barnes TTSX is exactly what I was considering. Have read lots of good things about it.
And I love the 6.5 Swede. I'm pretty picky about the shots I take which probably plays the biggest part but the Swede has never let me down and the vast majority of the deer don't take but a step or two and down they go. Very low recoil etc. Ive been shooting it for years. When I said I shoot the 6.5 Swede people used to look at me like I was odd but it seems to be really catching on here in the USA the past few years.
And I appreciate the offer to help. I'll probably be shooting you some questions!

Now back to turkeys and school buses......

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Those are good questions.

The whittler begins his work as we behold Him. And everything that seems as loss in the discard only serves to clearer vision, and even greater desire.

Kind of sucks if you were chosen by the whittler to be one of those discarded chips laying there on the ground, though. :)

Israel

BANNED
Kind of sucks if you were chosen by the whittler to be one of those discarded chips laying there on the ground, though. :)
I don't think I at all meant it that way, but if you care to elaborate with what you think. I'm listening.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I assume that you were referring to the whittler as God practicing his grand design. My chips reference is to all the aforementioned people who had their hearts hardened, were drowned in floods, killed by plagues, consumed by fire, slain by the Israelites, etc. during the implementation of this grand design.

WaltL1

I assume that you were referring to the whittler as God practicing his grand design. My chips reference is to all the aforementioned people who had their hearts hardened, were drowned in floods, killed by plagues, consumed by fire, slain by the Israelites, etc. during the implementation of this grand design.
It just doesn't make sense to me that a loving, Omni-everything "god" would choose this route to go.
Consumed by fire, plagues, floods, wars.........
Those ideas/fears/emotions are straight out of man's head.
The whole story is quite suspect to me.

ambush80

It just doesn't make sense to me that a loving, Omni-everything "god" would choose this route to go.
Consumed by fire, plagues, floods, wars.........
Those ideas/fears/emotions are straight out of man's head.
The whole story is quite suspect to me.

I also used to argue "I wouldn't do it that way if I were God", and I wouldn't. I could make the Bible a better, more moral book than it is in 5 min but that's still not a good argument against it's veracity. Even if it's true I would argue that it's not worth following and I can start a list of reasons why.

God may be just like the Bible says. He may be just like Westboro Baptist thinks He is.

oldfella1962

I also used to argue "I wouldn't do it that way if I were God", and I wouldn't. I could make the Bible a better, more moral book than it is in 5 min but that's still not a good argument against it's veracity. Even if it's true I would argue that it's not worth following and I can start a list of reasons why.

God may be just like the Bible says. He may be just like Westboro Baptist thinks He is.

When I was in the army we had a saying about "head honchos" when they would display (what we thought was) irrational behavior: "it's his army, we just live in it."
It's kind of this way with god - he doesn't have to make sense, he has more power. "Might makes right" and all that. Thus when he causes (or allows to happen) insanely violent things there is a reason for it - to teach us humans a lesson or punish god's chosen peoples' enemies or whatever. He's not accountable to anyone since it's his universe - it's all about power, control, fear & obedience.

ambush80

When I was in the army we had a saying about "head honchos" when they would display (what we thought was) irrational behavior: "it's his army, we just live in it."
It's kind of this way with god - he doesn't have to make sense, he has more power. "Might makes right" and all that. Thus when he causes (or allows to happen) insanely violent things there is a reason for it - to teach us humans a lesson or punish god's chosen peoples' enemies or whatever. He's not accountable to anyone since it's his universe - it's all about power, control, fear & obedience.

Do you think there was a point in the Army where you might have said "That's enough! I don't care who you are. I'm not listening to you anymore because you're ridiculous!"? If aliens came and did the same things God did would would you worship them if they told you to?

Just questions.

WaltL1

My argument is a bit different than -
"I wouldn't do it that way if I were God"
I'm saying plagues, floods, consumed by fire etc are a pretty simplistic, "low level", not a whole thought involved type game plan, for one who is supposed to be Omni-everything.
Never mind the morality of it or how I would do it.

Artfuldodger

I'm saying plagues, floods, consumed by fire etc are a pretty simplistic, "low level", not a whole thought involved type game plan, for one who is supposed to be Omni-everything.

What about using a giant magnifying glass?

ambush80

I understand. It looks poorly planned but that doesn't mean there wasn't a planner.

I'm still amazed when I think of the mental process that one must have to go through to maintain trust in the goodness of God's plan.

oldfella1962

eggs and omelets, am I right? ;)