Arkansas Surface Drive Ban

HookinLips

a lot of in state hunters run surface drives as well.

the biggest complaint i have read about over the years is the noise levels.

Not sure what your definition of "a lot" is but I spend a fair amount of time there hunting both public and private and I can tell you in all my travels I have yet to see a Surface drive with Arkie tags on it. All the guys running SD's are out of staters.

kevbo3333

Not sure what your definition of "a lot" is but I spend a fair amount of time there hunting both public and private and I can tell you in all my travels I have yet to see a Surface drive with Arkie tags on it. All the guys running SD's are out of staters.

Most sd owners are oosers, the same oosers that pay a lot more money for licenses, lodging, and meals. More oosers = more money for arkie fish and wildlife and the state via sales tax.

Duckbuster82

Most sd owners are oosers, the same oosers that pay a lot more money for licenses, lodging, and meals. More oosers = more money for arkie fish and wildlife and the state via sales tax.

The locals that hunt don’t care about the money. They want to hunt their holes and not have to race to get to them. They want to roll in at shooting time and no one be there. The idea of limiting amount of days oos guys can hunt wmas, raising permit cost, now mud motor bans. It’s not the government or dnr pushing it. It’s the local hunters.

kevbo3333

The locals that hunt don’t care about the money. They want to hunt their holes and not have to race to get to them. They want to roll in at shooting time and no one be there. The idea of limiting amount of days oos guys can hunt wmas, raising permit cost, now mud motor bans. It’s not the government or dnr pushing it. It’s the local hunters.

The state has the final say so and the state is the one that will lose lots of tax dollars, not the local hunters. You actually think any form of government care about anything but money?

Duckbuster82

If those local hunters happen to be senator bob or congressman Dave. There are lots of game laws that have been made that negatively impact the economy. I work in the fishing industry, it’s all about who has the better lobbyist.

Last edited:

krazybronco2

according to AG&F facebook page it looks like the suface drive ban has been tabled. but they are looking for ways and talking to manufacturers on how to limit the sound made by modified motors surface drive and outboards.