any good waterfowl forums?

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Forums in general are dying a slow death. This one as a whole seems to be going pretty strong. Facebook groups have become much more popular I believe, but I'm not a facebooker

g0nef1sshn

Like it here better than fb groups. Although not on as much i used too, work schedule has most to do with that.

Mexican Squealer

Thanks for the info. I hunt in South Carolina and Louisiana and am looking for a habitat/management site. Gave up on anything to do with GA and ducks a long time ago.

mattuga

Banned
Get on FB and checkout Ducksouth. Like any group of hunters there are posts that get a lot of CensoredCensored and posts that are interesting. If you want to talk habitat/management you need to FB friend "Bradley W Ramsey". Based on his detailed posts the guy is a wealth of knowledge and can probably point you to a group like you mention if there is one. He owns "Ducks by Design" and gives out advice that most people of his expertise level may be hesitant to give as freely as he does.

Ducksouth has a podcast a few times a week, some can be funny. The first 5-6 episodes of "Mossy Island Outfitters" podcast is a pretty solid story. Not really about ducks but I've enjoyed "The Climb" podcasts about an videographer guy's story of the hunting industry and his rise within.

Gaducker

Forums in general are dying a slow death. This one as a whole seems to be going pretty strong. Facebook groups have become much more popular I believe, but I'm not a facebooker

Facebooks better for the younger crowd because they can argue over petty crap in real time. Unlike here where I will come back and see what was said about this comment in hours, days or even months.

rnelson5

I second Bradley Ramsey and a few others on ducksouth.

MudDucker

Staff member
What, not enough cyber scouting here? I have been involved in many forums and they all heat up about a month before and die the week after the season. Now is not the season.

rnelson5

What, not enough cyber scouting here? I have been involved in many forums and they all heat up about a month before and die the week after the season. Now is not the season.

That’s true to a certain extent, but this forum has really died off a lot in the last 2 seasons. A lot of the folks that posted have been banned. Yes, I know they didn’t follow the rules and what not, but it it was entertaining none the less.