Anywhere you can camp with a beach view within 6 hours of atl?

work2play2

Banned again & will band again soon
I see all kinda camp sites close to the beach but haven't found one able to step out of the camper drink your coffee and watch the ocean. Anyone have any ideas where to go?

walters

Pirate land

Myrtle Beach pirateland has a few sites that look strait over the ocean, st Andrews state park in Panama city, back up on the side of the ocean..

WayneB

if you hurry, you might be able to reserve a site there for 2019

They generally have to have a site available as a 'walk up' site, and not listed on the website. Phone call usually can get it reserved.

There's always the campground at Parris Island if you are retired military, active or reserve.

Artfuldodger

It's been awhile since I've been to the one's mentioned. Pirateland is right on the beach. We were back a few rows from the ocean.
Many mentioned are right on the beach but your view may be blocked by sand dunes or vegetation.
Edisto is up a bit on a bluff and no dunes or bushes between you and the ocean. As mentioned, it's hard to get a reservation. I think it's the most popular state park in South Carolina.

Mosquitoes don't seem to be as bad in Myrtle Beach as in Edisto or Hunting Island. I can't remember if vegetation blocks your view at Hunting Island. I think Hurricane Matthew took out some of the sites closet to the beach.

I can't think of any in Georgia on the ocean. Fort Clinch SP in Fernandina has a beach loop right on the beach. I can't recall if the dunes are too high to see the ocean from the campsites.

T.H. Stone SP on cape san blas has two different camping areas. We always camped at the Gulf Breeze one. You have to walk up steps over dunes to see the ocean. I think maybe the second one, Shady Pines has some sites where you can see the ocean.

The thing is knowing how to figure out which sites at any campground has this view. Maybe reading on the internet you might can find out. You'll have to get lucky enough to find that person who has camped at that particular site.

I guess you could call the campground itself and ask, which sites have an ocean view.

I'm pretty sure Pirateland has a few ocean front sites with an ocean view. Maybe Ocean Lakes as well as Lakewood in Myrtle Beach.

walters

Pirate land

84a is direct ocean view and 84&85 are pretty much ocean view too at pirate land

WGSNewnan

you think its hard to find a camping spot now - just wait till everyone knows of your secret spots.
I KNOW NOTHING! good luck.

work2play2

Banned again & will band again soon
you think its hard to find a camping spot now - just wait till everyone knows of your secret spots.
I KNOW NOTHING! good luck.

What was the point in even responding then? facepalm:

Thanks for everyone responding I'm researching all the above.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
If you expand your search by 6 1/2 hours you can camp free on the north shore of Oahu ............and it is amazing....plan ahead and you can book American for $800 round trip....

WayneB

If you expand your search by 6 1/2 hours you can camp free on the north shore of Oahu ............and it is amazing....plan ahead and you can book American for $800 round trip....

be difficult to take the camper though.. just sayin' :)

Worlldbeater

Fort Clinch State park in Florida has some spots by the beach. Not a lot of shade there though. Better book well ahead though.

Artfuldodger

Fort Clinch State park in Florida has some spots by the beach. Not a lot of shade there though. Better book well ahead though.

I'd rather put up with the heat on the beach side than the mosquitoes on the river side.
Besides, if I camp at the beach, I like to be able to walk from my site to the beach. I don't necessarily have to see the beach though.
You can usually catch a nice breeze off the ocean. Definitely will need a canopy of some type.
You don't have to worry about sleeping too late in the morning if in a tent.

Worlldbeater

I'd rather put up with the heat on the beach side than the mosquitoes on the river side.
Besides, if I camp at the beach, I like to be able to walk from my site to the beach. I don't necessarily have to see the beach though.
You can usually catch a nice breeze off the ocean. Definitely will need a canopy of some type.
You don't have to worry about sleeping too late in the morning if in a tent.
Good points AD. Those ocean breezes can be quite strong at times and if camping in a tent as I do the sand by the beach does not hold a tent stake very well. As for the bugs, thank God for thermacells, bug repellent and raid.

Artfuldodger

Good points AD. Those ocean breezes can be quite strong at times and if camping in a tent as I do the sand by the beach does not hold a tent stake very well. As for the bugs, thank God for thermacells, bug repellent and raid.

We would cut big wooden stakes when we went to the beach or camped on a sandbar.
One trip to Ft. Clinch got so windy it blew over a pop up on the beach side. The rangers made us move to the river side and they closed that section.

You ever camp at Hanna Park or Hugonot Park? Hugonot Park is closed to camping from hurricane damage. We camped there for a long weekend. It is primitive camping. I'm not sure what the OP is looking for.

Hanna Park in Jax is nice but not oceanfront camping.

3ringer

Beverly Beach Camptown Resort at Flagler Beach , Fl. You back your camper right up to the sea wall.

Attachments

• 98C7A483-5D28-4491-8FBE-276065162867.jpeg
    98C7A483-5D28-4491-8FBE-276065162867.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 164