Anyone started using truefuel?

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I've been thinking about switching over. For the volume it's not very cheap, but no longer have to worry about carbs gumming up, even with non ethonal gas you still have the risk. I use sta-bil with my gas, but I rarely use a gallon of premix each summer between the blower, weed eater, and chainsaw.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A good friend of mine swears by it for his chainsaws, blowers, and weedeaters. As soon as I use up the last of my chainsaw mix, I`m switching over to it.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I just got a new blower and the shop says they sell it like crazy now. One gallon is about $25 for a 50:1 mix. I figured one gallon a year isn't crazy expensive especially to remove the headache of repairing or replacing carburetors. Even the label on my new commercial grade blower recommend using it. Of course it was thier brand though. Lol

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I did a quick search for long it lasts and this is what it states.

TRUFUEL – PRE-MIXED FUEL MEANS CONVENIENCE. Unlike gas station gas that begins to break down after as little as 30 days, TruFuel lasts for years unopened. It lasts for more than 2 years after opening and more than 5 years unopened due to its proprietary formulation.

2 years is plenty of time to use a gallon of it. Honestly I'm just a little skeptical if it's actually any different than non ethonal gas. I have a gas station up the street that has non ethanol fuel, ao it's hard to justify 5x's the cost for the same thing I can get down the road.

CLazzeri

I had to widen the gap on the sparkplug on my chainsaw to get it to run well, but other than that works great.

Rick Alexander

How in the world

I had to widen the gap on the sparkplug on my chainsaw to get it to run well, but other than that works great.

did you figure that one out? Just wondering if that might fix my very old (late 70's) 61 husky. Just seems to want to run too fast (rich sounding sort of) using ethanol gas and doesn't seem to like ethanol free like it use to either. I might just need to adjust the carb mix but I've always been chicken to do that.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
It is all I use in my smaller equipment, but stick to high test plus stabil in my mower.

sinclair1

I could buy a new chain saw for the amount of fuel I use. I do mix exactly, which is why I think people have so much trouble. They guess on the mixture.

My chain saw, weed eaters and blowers are all atleast 8 years old and never been in the shop. Something runs every day, the high use may help as well.

PappyHoel

Been using it on my weed eaters chain saws and back pack blower for a couple of years. It makes them run smooth and I’ve not had an issue. If I go to Home Depot I buy a can. I have a stock pile. I prefer it over mixing my own.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I could buy a new chain saw for the amount of fuel I use. I do mix exactly, which is why I think people have so much trouble. They guess on the mixture.

My chain saw, weed eaters and blowers are all atleast 8 years old and never been in the shop. Something runs every day, the high use may help as well.

Running it frequentlty is the key. Weed eater and blower get alot of use, but the chainsaw sits alot. Plus, dropping $500 on a blower I want to keep it in tip top shape. My weed eater is 12 years old and runs like a champ. Theix ratio isn't important as long as you aren't to light, if it's to rich you may burn more plugs, but won't really hurt the motor. I am very picky about my mixture though.

PappyHoel

Running it frequentlty is the key. Weed eater and blower get alot of use, but the chainsaw sits alot. Plus, dropping $500 on a blower I want to keep it in tip top shape. My weed eater is 12 years old and runs like a champ. Theix ratio isn't important as long as you aren't to light, if it's to rich you may burn more plugs, but won't really hurt the motor. I am very picky about my mixture though.

Makes mine run like new and start every time. But like Sinclair said I never took my time to measure properly.

sinclair1

Makes mine run like new and start every time. But like Sinclair said I never took my time to measure properly.

I wouldn't mind using these in Hancock as I don't have a shed down there. Can it safely be stored under the kitchen sink when it's not opened?

I figured if they can store in lowes, it must be safe.

chadf

I’ve seen both sides of this ....

I mix a tad over ratio(oil/gas). But use my 2 stroke equipment all year. Also use good gas
People that don’t use equipment and let it sit, have fuel issues and the pre mix expensive gas seems to fix the problem for them.

I wouldn’t pay the prices of pre mix for my equipment and I’m just a home owner, not commercial.

The pre mix can be done at the house for way less.

Ethanol free+sea foam+sta bil = the pre mix (IMO)

If you burn 1 gallon or less a year, easier to go to Walmart or wherever for your mixed fuel. Cause of the non use of equipment.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
It’s all I use. But I only use about 2 quarts a year.

T-N-T

Dad uses it in his weedeater and chainsaw.
Goes through 2 or three and a year.
Convenience is the only reason.

I am skeptical if you just added stabil to your exact mixed gas if you wouldn't have the same thing....?

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Dad uses it in his weedeater and chainsaw.
Goes through 2 or three and a year.
Convenience is the only reason.

I am skeptical if you just added stabil to your exact mixed gas if you wouldn't have the same thing....?

I guess really thats my biggest concern also. It doesn't takeuch effort to mix oil and gas, I don't have to go out of my way to get non ethanol gas, so there isn't any convenience for me.

JackSprat

I've switched to it. I can carry 3 or 4 cans in my in bed tool box, and know I have fresh gas. TS has it on sale from time to time.

If I factor in the gas I throw out because it's too old, it's not that expensive, same for time for taking stuff to the shop. I am meticulous about adding oil to gas, but if I have some down time for my chainsaw or weedwacker, they still have gas issues,

My small engine guy says I need to crank and run them once evey 30 days and sometimes life just gets in the way.

GoldDot40

I pour a full bottle of Seafoam in my 5 gallon can on the 1st fillup of rec fuel (not contaminated with ethanol) in the spring. I use 1 gallon of that to mix my weedeater and chainsaw fuel. The rest I run in my zeroturn until I use it up. Seafoam advertises right on the can that it protects for up to 2 years as a stabilizer. I've never had an issue with carburetors ever since I started using Seafoam.