TSS Loads

Dudley Do-Wrong

Wasn't sure where to post this, I'm looking for someone to load some 12 ga TSS turkey loads. I'm not looking for freebies.

Last edited:

Gaswamp

Wasn't sure where to post this, I'm looking for someone to load some 12 ga TSS turkey loads. I'm not looking for freebies.

just wondering why TSS with a 12ga?

Bubba_1122

Can't prove it but I believe that my 20 Big XL loads have more punch than my old 3" 12 gauge mag blends used to have. And it ain't nearly as unpleasant to shoot the 20 as it was the 12.

That said, I hunted this year with home rolled TSS in a pop gun (410 Mossberg pump with a fixed choke). Kilt one at 24 yards.

Had neck surgery at Thanksgiving and was just thankful to be able to get out in the turkey woods. Doc originally told me wouldn't be able to hunt this year (or fish from a boat). I figured out how to strap the 410 to a bog pod so I could shoot it without stripping the screws and plates they put in my neck at the end of November. I spent 3 hours before the bird finally got so cranked up he flew over a creek to die. First gobble at 6:40 am. Last breath at 9:43 am.

Might just use the 410 next year (226 pellets in 10" circle from 30 yards when sighted in pre-season). That thing's light and mighty easy to tote around.

BTW, I still believe that more birds are kilt with patience than good calling.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
If he’s like most of us hunters it’s probably just a want !

fountain

You can get away with some of the recoil by going to a 20 and typically you will be carrying a lighter gun. The 20 will throw a better pattern than any 12 ga set up out there, unless it's a 12 ga shooting tss, and I havent gotten that much better patterns out of my 12s with tss

On the recoil, the 30s with a 1 5/8 load will still pack a punch, but nothing like a 3.5 load

Dudley Do-Wrong

was just curious if he needed it or wanted it:pop:

I want to see how well the TSS patterns. I have never tried them; I have tried all sorts of lead and heavier than lead (hevi 13s).

BIGGUS

GONetwork Member
I got 445 pellets in the 10” with my last 12ga load and decided I really didn’t need them to be that dead. Got a 20ga Benelli M2 and never looked back. That thing is a stone cold turkey killer and still puts 300+ on the money.

3chunter

Apex is good but getting ahold to some shells anytime during spring is a challenge.

Gaswamp

I have no doubts that you would get huge numbers in smaller shot 8's or 9's. However, Winchster longbeards 5's or 6's shud give you a great killing pattern out to 40yds in a 12ga.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Specials are currently on TSS shells. By them while you can. Gil

Gator89

Apex is good but getting ahold to some shells anytime during spring is a challenge.

Apex is offering free shipping right now, $99 or more. T'aint hard to spend 99 bucks at Apex.

Ordered some this morning to set up my new M2 turkey hammer.

TomC

I'm all for trying new things,probably going to try TSS in a 410 just to cross it off the turkey bucket list but I see no need for TSS in a 12 gauge. Longbeard XR # 6 with a specialized choke out of 12 gauge is a wicked long range pattern. TSS out of 12 might lead to decapitation.

Gator89

I'm all for trying new things,probably going to try TSS in a 410 just to cross it off the turkey bucket list but I see no need for TSS in a 12 gauge. Longbeard XR # 6 with a specialized choke out of 12 gauge is a wicked long range pattern. TSS out of 12 might lead to decapitation.

My M2 is a 20.

I may try some TSS in my old Winchester model 42 someday.

deast1988

Order them now, don’t worry come spring.

2.25oz of #9s in a 3in 12ga is a beast. Not needed, but who cares you do you. I believe you can’t get dead enough. So 400+ if that’s your desire I hope you achieve it an remove some beaks.