Permetharin

308-MIKE

I'm going hog hunting later today, and i sprayed my hunting clothes with permetharin this morning. They'll be dry before i leave. The bottle says not to spray on your skin. My question: there's a chance if rain today, will that cause the permetharin to leach out, or once it's dry, it's good to go?
Thanks
Mike

Timberman

You should be fine. I used gallons of the stuff over the years in every condition and I'm none worse for wear.

You should be fine. I used gallons of the stuff over the years in every condition and I'm none worse for wear.

Agree! I spray my clothing heavily with it, sometimes on the same day I'm hunting. I also typically sweat like crazy in warm weather and I've never seen any hint of issue.

308-MIKE

Yeah, I'm finding out that it's not rain i had to worry about. I'm sweating my behind off.

baddave

i couldn't live right here where i do w/o it .. i have ticks everywhere. no way i could walk thru the yard w/o getting @ least one tick . been using permanone for many years .. i can actually wash my clothes and it's still effective

Early Riser1

i couldn't live right here where i do w/o it .. i have ticks everywhere. no way i could walk thru the yard w/o getting @ least one tick . been using permanone for many years .. i can actually wash my clothes and it's still effective

Early Riser1

You can wear and wash your clothes for a couple of months after applying permethrin without loosing it’s effectiveness.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
bad stuff on clothing and skin

please read the label ,be very careful with this stuff.

yeah if I put it on and get the slightest bit of wetness from it on me i get sick feeling.

AliBubba

FYI.. I have been battling a rash on my upper body for 8 weeks. The dermatologist diagnosed it as a "viral rash" from an insect bite. I think I got it during turkey season since I had a big bite on my back. I was lax with using protection from bugs. Please be sure to use proper bug protection.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I spray it on my clothes and boots while wearing them. I use a self mixed solution and quart size bottle sprayer. I buy it at TSC.

I also use 40% deer on my skin. I really attract those ticks and chiggers and the stuff works.

frankwright

I spray the day before and let it dry. That stuff is bad if you get it on your skin.
I have a friend who gets sick every time he tries to use it.

Jack Ryan

I'm going hog hunting later today, and i sprayed my hunting clothes with permetharin this morning. They'll be dry before i leave. The bottle says not to spray on your skin. My question: there's a chance if rain today, will that cause the permetharin to leach out, or once it's dry, it's good to go?
Thanks
Mike
No. In fact it is SUPPOSE to be good for a few washings but I put it on every time I step off the pork. Keep a spray bottle on the coat rack on the porch and give the shoes and pant legs a puff or two a piece every time I go out.

Even with shorts this evening I sprayed my socks and shoes, while I was wearing them. I wouldn't get it on my skin on purpose but if you do a little, it's not that big a deal.

JohnnyWalker

Thanks
Mike
Your clothes are good for 4 or 5 washings. I used it for yesrs.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Makes me feel punny for a while if I put it on wet but it does work for me better than anything else.

Don't forget to spray your socks' tops too.

That was the chink in the armor that earned me a hundred ankle chigger bites last weekend while cleaning up some logging drags.

I look like fire was beat off them with a track shoe!!!

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
The manufacturer of Sawyers states that it will survive several washings, but high drier heat can worsen effectiveness.

munchie3409

The concentrated stuff from TSC has a petroleum smell to them, so I don't spray them on my hunting clothes, but I have no issues spraying them on other clothes. Cannot beat the cost if you want to spray your house.

I buy the Sawyers brand at WalMart as theirs does not leave an odor compared to the stuff I bought at TSC.

I also have not had an issue having it touch my skin. It's bad for cats, but I spray it on my daughter's and my clothes.

I spray it on my clothes and boots while wearing them. I use a self mixed solution and quart size bottle sprayer. I buy it at TSC.

I also use 40% deer on my skin. I really attract those ticks and chiggers and the stuff works.

frankwright

You can get Martin's Concentrate. It is water based and shouldn't smell.
I have used the kind from TSC or farm store and I spray outside the day before and find no odor the next day.
I always spray with Autumn Formula scent spray any way.