The Immaturity of some Atheist...

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Some are very immature.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Some are very immature.
I have some friends that are atheist and we have some very good conversations regarding religion maintaining respect for each others position. There are even a few on GON that I believe I would get along with swimmingly, but others act as if Christians & God were the boogey man out to get them and they are constantly disrespectful and on the attack, in a very arrogant, demeaning, immature manner. Thus they might find themselves getting what the give eventually. Not that they'll understand why, or that it's even intentional.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I have some friends that are atheist and we have some very good conversations regarding religion maintaining respect for each others position. There are even a few on GON that I believe I would get along with swimmingly, but others act as if Christians & God were the boogey man out to get them and they are constantly disrespectful and on the attack, in a very arrogant, demeaning, immature manner. Thus they might find themselves getting what the give eventually. Not that they'll understand why, or that it's even intentional.
Yup, exactly.

furtaker

Yep. What I've never understood is why they are so angry and consumed about something that they deem doesn't exist. Christianity really bothers them for some reason. I'm not obsessed with things that I believe are false. They know that if God is out there somewhere, then they aren't king anymore. I truly feel sorry for them.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Yep. What I've never understood is why they are so angry and consumed about something that they deem doesn't exist. Christianity really bothers them for some reason. I'm not obsessed with things that I believe are false. They know that if God is out there somewhere, then they aren't king anymore. I truly feel sorry for them.
They’re angry at Christianity because they feel that our way of life controls and limits their way of living by being influential on our govt and the way we were established.

I guess the gun grabbers are not the only group that thinks that our Founding Fathers got it wrong.

Last edited:

1gr8bldr

They are angry that you assume a moral superiority

Artfuldodger

They’re angry at Christianity because they feel that our way of life controls and limits their way of living by being influential on our govt and the way we were established.

I guess the gun grabbers are not the only group that thinks that our Founding Fathers got it wrong.

Some of the Founding Fathers were Masons. That means you only have to believe in "a god". Maybe they believed in "the God" and maybe they didn't.
It could have opened the door to unorthodox religious views. Again, maybe it did and maybe it didn't. Many of America’s founding fathers were devout Christians of this we can't deny. But they may have had some influence by Freemasonry to accept just a belief in any god.

That being said, I think you'll find the Atheist of this forum don't identify with the gun grabbers. Not that they believe in any God but it is possible the Founding Fathers thought that belief was good enough for them. To just believe in a Supreme Being. A Great Architect.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Some of the Founding Fathers were Masons. That means you only have to believe in "a god". Maybe they believed in "the God" and maybe they didn't.
It could have opened the door to unorthodox religious views. Again, maybe it did and maybe it didn't. Many of America’s founding fathers were devout Christians of this we can't deny. But they may have had some influence by Freemasonry to accept just a belief in any god.

That being said, I think you'll find the Atheist of this forum don't identify with the gun grabbers. Not that they believe in any God but it is possible the Founding Fathers thought that belief was good enough for them. To just believe in a Supreme Being. A Great Architect.
The point was that the gun grabbers think they got it wrong on the 2A.

Some atheist think they got it wrong on the 1A.

atlashunter

Maybe they are angry that so many people are so closed minded that they actually believe in their search for "god" that ended up finding god in their own regional religion. Shocker!!!!!

Nobody read about any of the other thousands of religions, most of which are older and more historically accurate than christianity, or did any real soul searching. They chose the same path that was easy and accustomed to and then preached to others about it. Do none of you ever step back for a single second and ask questions? Really?

Also, America is not the only (or the best) country in the world. Read some books folks

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Also, America is not the only (or the best) country in the world.

That explains our immigration issue. :rolleyes:

I will gladly get you a one way ticket to any better place you choose.

Last edited:
I love this country but it has taken a bad turn. In every measureable aspect of a nation, America leads the world in only three things.

1. Amount of people imprisoned per capita
2. Amount of money spent on military
And 3. Number of full grown adults who believe angels are real

We are pathetic if you consider infant mortality, obesity, household income, education, life span, happiness, etc etc etc.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
1. Amount of people imprisoned per capita
2. Amount of money spent on military
And 3. Number of full grown adults who believe angels are real

I cant link it due to other comments.............but this looks just like some-ones personal "article" on a forum;):rofl::rofl::rofl:Real classy research for someone laying the smack down on others about lack of research. He has this question at the end.

"Try as I might, I can not devise a suitable defense of my coutry, and I am left with one simple question: Where is the best place for me to relocate and plant my new flag as a free citizen of the world?"

Now, my question is - Are ya`ll having trouble finding a better place?

BTW, I am now referring you to my sig line.

Last edited:
I'll retreat. Someone who believes that a man kept two of every animal on a large wooden yacht while god destroyed his own creation has bested be intellectually. Best of luck in life

Israel

BANNED
They are angry that you assume a moral superiority

Who wouldn't be?

I have truly seen only One man who was never offended in submission to His superior. Not only that...His boast of Him (His superior)...was never in flattery nor disingenuous. He really does...love Him. As His superior.

I understand all too well the man who "has trouble with authority".

This Other...I need to know more about.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Maybe they are angry that so many people are so closed minded that they actually believe in their search for "god" that ended up finding god in their own regional religion. Shocker!!!!!

Nobody read about any of the other thousands of religions, most of which are older and more historically accurate than christianity, or did any real soul searching. They chose the same path that was easy and accustomed to and then preached to others about it. Do none of you ever step back for a single second and ask questions? Really?

Also, America is not the only (or the best) country in the world. Read some books folks
If that is the case then maybe they assume too much based on their superior intellect (si) and we all know the dangers in assumptions.

For me I was raised by a father who was a minister. In his library was a book from every prominent religion and I was allowed to study them all and make my own conclusions. Oddly enough, if you had done the same you would realize that the majority of religions in the world are represented by prophets, not a God, and only one of them offers salvation.

The crux of this topic is not how many religions are out there and what one's conclusion may be after studying each of them. It is about why those that don't believe in any God or Prophet have to wet their diaper every time they encounter someone that does believe. That believer is no threat to that non-believer financially, physically, psychologically or theologically. We may pray for them outside of their knowledge of us doing so, but again, it is no skin off of your back. So why the immature whiny assaults on Christians.

Were you truly intellectually superior one would think you would have better things to do with your time, and considering the lack of the threat by believers one would think you would deem it beneath you to stoop to their level to even insult them.

What the immature whining and banter reveals is that there is something there you are earnestly afraid of, but not even you yourself can identify it.