Post locations for ethanol free gas here

GoldDot40

Not sure why I've never browsed through this thread. A little bit of confusion being thrown around earlier in the posts about which gas contain ethanol. I drive a fuel tanker.

Ethanol free gas...when loading the truck...does NOT get any ethanol concentrate added to it. The only way for an ethanol free tank to get any EGas in it is due to residual liquid from the prior load the delivery tanker had in it. Lets face it, you'll never get 100% of the product empty during delivery. So...1 to 3 gallons of ethanol gas may still be on the truck when it's loaded with pure gas. We call the base product CBOB gas....which is the gasoline base that contains 0% ethanol.

Gas at the pump achieves it's octane rating by adding 10% of ethanol to the CBOB product. For example, the CBOB base product for regular unleaded is 84 octane. You add 10% ethanol to your max quantity and it bumps the rating to 87 octane. So when I load a 2000 gallon compartment, I preset it for 2000. The 1st 200 (10%) gallons is pure ethanol. Then it switches over and adds 1800 gallons of 84 octane CBOB. It's mixed while it's loading and during transport. There are some terminals that do a "splash blend" mix, meaning ethanol is injected a little at a time during the loading process.

All gas that states "Up to 10% Ethanol" at the pump has at least that much regardless of the grade...87, 89 and 93. The pump that sells the 90 octane ethanol free rec fuel is just the 90 octane CBOB that's used to mix 93 octane.

Lanier Jim

Oscarville Citgo right at Vanns Tavern on Browns Bridge...Lake Lanier. Great pizza too and all the oil, seafoam, drinks, and snacks you need.

littlejon

Interesting, I fill at QT and sometimes wonder how well its regulated. Lets say they are out of EF gas at the pump and the tanker has enough to put fuel with ethanol into its place to make it look they are stocked with EF. How do we know? Certainly at smaller gas stations in the middle of know where could profit this way.
Its like the window industry saying they put Aragon gas between the panes of glass. No way to really tell.

GoldDot40

Interesting, I fill at QT and sometimes wonder how well its regulated. Lets say they are out of EF gas at the pump and the tanker has enough to put fuel with ethanol into its place to make it look they are stocked with EF. How do we know? Certainly at smaller gas stations in the middle of know where could profit this way.
Its like the window industry saying they put Aragon gas between the panes of glass. No way to really tell.
Like any other industry, if they get hit with an audit from the state and it's found that ethanol contaminated gas was dropped into a EF tank...both the carrier AND retailer get hit was MASSIVE fines. The state does not play when it comes to fraud and false advertising in the fuel industry.

littlejon

Like any other industry, if they get hit with an audit from the state and it's found that ethanol contaminated gas was dropped into a EF tank...both the carrier AND retailer get hit was MASSIVE fines. The state does not play when it comes to fraud and false advertising in the fuel industry.

That's good to know and hear from someone in the industry.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Terry’s One Stop
Scuffleboro Rd. Eatonton

Tom W.

Over here in Phenix City at the Marathon station next to the Publix grocery store.

Lawnmowerman

Just noticed yesterday that INGLE'S, in Gray, Ga has ethanol free gas.
Don't know the price though.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Murphy at Walmart in Monroe Ga. west Spring street