Mississippi Hunting Questionnaires

Long Cut

Got a phone call at work today and it was a representative from the MS DNR asking about my results this past season.

What threw me for a loop was that she asked particularly how many Wood ducks & mallards I harvested. No other species.

She also asked about my education level and overall family income.

I didn’t have time to ask her, but why would they go so far into education level & overall income for out of state hunters?

Seems like a license price jump is under way... any input?

Long Cut

I would have been glad to provide the duck harvest info but told 'em to pound sand with the personal info

Exactly those two questions aren’t hunting related whatsoever. I may call back or send an email to see why they thought a persons education & financial levels relate to managing ducks.

across the river

Got a phone call at work today and it was a representative from the MS DNR asking about my results this past season.

What threw me for a loop was that she asked particularly how many Wood ducks & mallards I harvested. No other species.

She also asked about my education level and overall family income.

I didn’t have time to ask her, but why would they go so far into education level & overall income for out of state hunters?

Seems like a license price jump is under way... any input?

It probably has nothing to do with any price increase. The majority of surveys will often ask some type of demographic questions, and many ask sociodemographic questions like the ones you were ask. It is all about data, and the more data they gather, the more they can analyze, correlates, and draw conclusions from it.