Pinhoti Project: Day 1

Covehnter

For those not "in the know," the first of many days was released yesterday on my YouTube channel. It's the start of a documentary type compilation of my entire 2018 spring season; the good, the bad, and the ugly. There is quite a bit of it all. Stop by the channel and have a look. I'm hoping it's something that will be welcomed with open arms. The footage my not be stellar at times but I don't think you can doubt it's authenticity. It will showcase a "back to the basics" approach that I enjoy to turkey hunting. No decoys, no outfitters and almost entirely on public lands across the country. I think that has been missing from turkey hunting media for some time. Please let me know what you think. I hope to be putting out videos every 3 or 4 days (as long as I can keep up with editing) until the entire 70 or 80 day spring is out there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Arrow3

Watched it last night Dave. Enjoyed it as usual.

mike1225

I watched it yesterday Dave. I've been waiting for it to start. I enjoyed it & Courtenay was excited with the end result. I look forward to you releasing more videos.

six

Cool. Not many turkey hunting videos hold my interest more than about 10-20 seconds. A majority of the few that do, seem to have something in common. They're yours. Good job!

Arrow3

And another thing. It sure is nice to hear the hunters whispering back and forth, hearing their footsteps, wind blowing, crows hollering etc. instead of guitars, drums, banjos and other obnoxious fillers.
Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself .

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Great hunt and video. Thanks for the show, Dave. I thought I was there.

Covehnter

So how far was the walk back to the bikes with the bird the big fella shot? Enjoyed the video

Best I can remember it was nothing extravagant. Maybe a little over a half mile into the initial listening point and then another half mile to where we struck the bird. A few thick patches to bust through though. . .

wooly

And another thing. It sure is nice to hear the hunters whispering back and forth, hearing their footsteps, wind blowing, crows hollering etc. instead of guitars, drums, banjos and other obnoxious fillers.
I heartily concur with that!
Thanks!

mike1225

I got Day 4 out there for your viewing pleasure this weekend.
That's good stuff Dave. I watched all four & enjoyed each one. I look forward to more days ahead.

blong

I’m so jealous of this adventure! Great stuff and thanks for including The One who made it all possible.