Kayak Fishing North GA 6/23-24 - anyone interested?

Hi All, I am planning on doing some kayak bass fishing this weekend (not sure where yet, somewhere within 2 hours of ATL, prob varner, black shoals, bear creek, or cedar creek?). Just wanted to see if anyone was looking for a partner or was interested in tagging along.
PM if you are.
Tight Lines,

Ben

Well, never ended up having any takers on the offer, so I took the Yak and explored some lakes up in the North GA mountains. It was refreshing to fish in water that was in the 60's. Didn't catch a lot, but was able to stick a few nice ones (biggest below). If anyone one is every looking for a fishing buddy for a Yak trip, feel free to hit me up. Always looking for new people to fish with.

Attachments

• IMG_20180624_185015_943.jpg
    IMG_20180624_185015_943.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 37

Mildee

I'm new to the kayak game, but always looking for folks to fish with. Kind of hard to hit the rivers without a buddy

Teh Wicked

Facebook is your friend when trying to get the Kayak crew together...That's how most of us communicate and organize trips.

I'm new to the kayak game, but always looking for folks to fish with. Kind of hard to hit the rivers without a buddy

I actually haven't fished any rivers in this Kayak yet. Because it is foot powered with an actual prop, I have been worried about tipping potential hitting rocks or just breaking it smashing into stuff. Need to buy an actual paddle then may just do rivers without using the pedal system. Has anyone else done rivers using a foot powered kayak?

Cmp1

BANNED
Well, never ended up having any takers on the offer, so I took the Yak and explored some lakes up in the North GA mountains. It was refreshing to fish in water that was in the 60's. Didn't catch a lot, but was able to stick a few nice ones (biggest below). If anyone one is every looking for a fishing buddy for a Yak trip, feel free to hit me up. Always looking for new people to fish with.

Nice catch,,,,

Teh Wicked

I actually haven't fished any rivers in this Kayak yet. Because it is foot powered with an actual prop, I have been worried about tipping potential hitting rocks or just breaking it smashing into stuff. Need to buy an actual paddle then may just do rivers without using the pedal system. Has anyone else done rivers using a foot powered kayak?

You should always have a paddle on your boat regardless of where your at. Should that peddle drive break or you injure yourself and cannot pedal it, you would be stuck. Maybe not a full size paddle, but one of those little single one hand dealsso you could propel yourself easily if needed without propeller.

You should always have a paddle on your boat regardless of where your at. Should that peddle drive break or you injure yourself and cannot pedal it, you would be stuck. Maybe not a full size paddle, but one of those little single one hand dealsso you could propel yourself easily if needed without propeller.

I do have a mini collapsible paddle for emergencies, I was just talking about getting a normal full kayak paddle for use when not using the pedal system (nervous about flipping in rivers and losing it it and/or breaking it)

Latest posts