Ozonics

Whitetailfreak23

I was thinking about buying a ozonics this year. Was wonder which model I need to get and is there a difference.

HR-200 or HR-300

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
My son's got one that plugs in the cigarette lighter. I feel like I'm suffering from nuclear fallout before the 5 minute ride to the woods is over. Nose in the wind and get high in the tree, not on ozone.

shdw633

I use to be a big disbeliever on Ozonics.....till I tried it. Having deer walk right up to me from the downwind side with their noses stuck high in the air trying to figure out what I was convince me that it works. Now I don't go out into the woods without using either my Ozonics unit or I have an ozone generator that I put in a closet to ozone my cloths before I go out in the woods. I recommend the generator big time because it's under $100 and will just add to any Ozonics experience you have because you will take the scent out of everything you are wearing. As far as the HR 200 or 300, I have the 200 and I don't feel there is enough difference between the 200 and 300 to offset the cost differences between both machines, again, go with the 200 and an ozone generator to get a great result. Also go to Ebay and watch for them to put on a 20% off sale. They just did this over the holiday and you can get one on there for 15 to 20% less, no tax and usually free shipping, saving you a bunch on the unit. Get an XP battery as well, you will be glad you have an extra battery and an HP battery does last longer in the unit....pricey though. You can't lose with either one, but if you still don't want to pay out that kind of money you can get an ozone generator on Ebay for under $100 and try that first, most of the time that is all we use as we are gun hunters.

Whitetailfreak23

Thank you so i much i have gotten the Scent crusher bag that generates ozone when plugged to a cig lighter or wall socket.

QUOTE="shdw633, post: 11257958, member: 4719"]I use to be a big disbeliever on Ozonics.....till I tried it. Having deer walk right up to me from the downwind side with their noses stuck high in the air trying to figure out what I was convince me that it works. Now I don't go out into the woods without using either my Ozonics unit or I have an ozone generator that I put in a closet to ozone my cloths before I go out in the woods. I recommend the generator big time because it's under $100 and will just add to any Ozonics experience you have because you will take the scent out of everything you are wearing. As far as the HR 200 or 300, I have the 200 and I don't feel there is enough difference between the 200 and 300 to offset the cost differences between both machines, again, go with the 200 and an ozone generator to get a great result. Also go to Ebay and watch for them to put on a 20% off sale. They just did this over the holiday and you can get one on there for 15 to 20% less, no tax and usually free shipping, saving you a bunch on the unit. Get an XP battery as well, you will be glad you have an extra battery and an HP battery does last longer in the unit....pricey though. You can't lose with either one, but if you still don't want to pay out that kind of money you can get an ozone generator on Ebay for under $100 and try that first, most of the time that is all we use as we are gun hunters.[/QUOTE]

across the river

I had to google it. Looks gimmicky.

I don't have one, nor would I likely buy one to deer hunt, but they have been using this technology in hotel rooms for many years. The science is sound, although the ozone molecule has to come in contact with the scent molecule to make it work, so I'm sure it would work much better in a ground or box blind type setup that would screwed into a tree by an ope air tree stand.

Oakview

I considered a crusher bag, and after research decided not to purchase. The ozone degradation you get with any rubber like boots and elastic in clothing concerned me. Do a google search for ozone degradation and there are a bunch of articles and YouTube videos. I would be interested to hear if anyone has had that problem.

shdw633

I considered a crusher bag, and after research decided not to purchase. The ozone degradation you get with any rubber like boots and elastic in clothing concerned me. Do a google search for ozone degradation and there are a bunch of articles and YouTube videos. I would be interested to hear if anyone has had that problem.

Yes you will have that problem. The only real issue I had is if I put my snake boots in the closet when I ran the ozone generator, not when I just went out with the ozonics unit in the woods. The generator has to be in a confined area and the glue that held the sole on my snake boots degraded down; course some shoe glue fixed that but it does happen. It is not as big of an issue as it can sound but if you use it enough and for long periods of time it is going to do that to plastic, elastic and rubber items. The first ozone closet I used was a wardrobe closet with a camo plastic exterior. That lasted nearly 2 seasons but now grumbles when you touch it, course it has had the ozone put to it allot over that 2 years. Just be aware of it and it won't harm the majority of what you put in there. BTW, not a fan of the scent crusher stuff because you can get everything they use for less on the internet. You are basically paying allot more for that name and advertising. Finally it is not a gimmick and it does work. You can search this sight and find where I said the same thing a few years ago and felt the same way until I found a guy that was selling a used one cheap on Ebay and I bought it to try it, now if it broke I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I have seen too much out in the woods with the deer smelling me and knowing I'm there and yet walking right up to me. I had friends in camp that laughed at me for buying it, now they all use an ozone generator. I understand not using the Ozonics, especially if you are not a bow hunter, but try the Ozone generator and I assure you that you'll be very happy with the results.

MikeyD6

Deleted
Yes, it works. Got one last year while I was sitting on the ground. I was upwind of it, should've had me dead to rights but it walked right by me like nothing. And you don't have to wash your hunting clothes as often.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Don’t run the that thing around a cornoile. The deer won’t smell it. Just saying.

Mako22

BANNED
I have deer walk under my tree every season and I dont even take a bath much less use scent control products. Just hunt the wind and save your money.

livetohunt

I can see them possibly working in a ground blind but in a tree no way. Can't hurt to use it but I wouldn't count on it working like you think..Also, I know a lot of people who use these and most tell me they cause headaches when you use them in a blind.

shdw633

I can see them possibly working in a ground blind but in a tree no way. Can't hurt to use it but I wouldn't count on it working like you think..Also, I know a lot of people who use these and most tell me they cause headaches when you use them in a blind.

Then they are using them wrong. You can't be breathing in what's coming out or you will get headaches. I've had it work in a tree when I was hunting and a doe and fawn came downwind of me. The fawn walked right up the tree I was in and bedded down under it and the doe saw me and became frustrated because she could not smell me and walked or should I say danced all around the tree trying to catch a wiff of me. She finally went forty yards out and bedded downwind and laid there until the fawn got up and walked off. Unless you have used it you have no idea how well this works.

Personally, I have serious concerns about breathing the stuff. If it degrades rubber and elastic should you be breathing it?

I guess we all gotta die from something.

Mine will be stress and a heart attack more than likeley and not by ozone.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I waste plenty of money on hunting junk but I can promise it want be on an ozonics !

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Although I cant personally see me buy one and hang it above me, I can tell you that the science behind it is solid.

We have used it in smoked in vehicles for many years and it def takes the smoke smell out of the carpet and seats and dash etc leaving no lingering odors

Could see it work in a blind for sure.

Gumpbuck

I purchased an ozone generator from Bass pro for $40.00. I used it with a $20 portable closet from Amazon. I don't put my boots in there, but do place all my clothes in it overnight.
It has definitely made a difference.
I had one stand that just had bad wind all the time. Many tie I had no other option but to hunt it. Using ozone greatly reduced the times I got busted in that stand.
again, I just treated my clothes. I do not own the Ozonics machine.